Premiership Talk Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arry Redknapp!

4 posters

Go down

Arry Redknapp! Empty Arry Redknapp!

Post by Blackburnbob Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:42 am

What do you guys think to the way Arry is handling Spurs' cup tie with Man U? Apparently he is "going to field his weakest team possible" which have been nicknamed "The Bomb Squad" so all the players in that match are going to know where they stand with Arry. Good idea or bad idea? On one hand they will just go and not care and lose 15-0 or because they know they are bottom of the picking list they might want to try win to prove Arry wrong. I think it's totally wrong of Arry to have said that and proves how much of a great man manager he is!
Blackburnbob
Blackburnbob
Key Player
Key Player

Number of posts : 650
Goals : 2

Team Supported : Blackburn/Scarborough/Revs!!

Back to top Go down

Arry Redknapp! Empty Re: Arry Redknapp!

Post by Tay Fish Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:16 am

I think that he made the statement about fielding his weakest team to get them fired up. He's giving them a chance, and he wants to see the best out of them. What better way then to use reverse psychology and say they are the worst. That's just more motivation for them to go and prove him wrong. Who really knows? They may lose 15-0, but I don't see it happening if they are as fired up as they should be. I'm not saying that they will win. I'm just saying it could be closer that expected.
Tay Fish
Tay Fish
Key Player
Key Player

Number of posts : 663

Team Supported : Manchester United

http://www.premiershiptalk.com

Back to top Go down

Post by j6pini Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:23 pm

I think it's more a matter of setting low expectations. If he goes in there with his normal eleven starters knowing they are banged up or tired, he will probably lose to United anyway. So he's stated up front that people should expect a loss, and made it sound like it was a necessary move in the interest of actual league games and the Carling Cup final in the future. Politicians do it all the time, especially here in the US during elections; if a candidate knew they'd lose a state, they would say up front that they don't expect to win it, and that way people are less disappointed when they don't win.

j6pini
Rotation Player
Rotation Player

Number of posts : 270
Goals : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackburnbob Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:00 pm

He's changed his mind now apparently, he's putting his strongest team out.......
Blackburnbob
Blackburnbob
Key Player
Key Player

Number of posts : 650

Team Supported : Blackburn/Scarborough/Revs!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:02 pm

Has Redknapp lost the plot now?
Brian
Brian
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 566
Goals : 1

Team Supported : Manchester United

http://www.premiershiptalk.com