Premiership Talk Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How did your team do in the transfer window?

+2
Blackburnbob
Brian
6 posters

Go down

How did your team do in the transfer window? Empty How did your team do in the transfer window?

Post by Brian Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:26 pm

I think United did a decent job at reinforcing. Tosic can fill in for an aging Giggs and an inconsistent Nani, while Adem Ljajic is one for the future.

I think Tottenham strengthened the most during January.
Brian
Brian
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 566
Goals : 1

Team Supported : Manchester United

http://www.premiershiptalk.com

Back to top Go down

How did your team do in the transfer window? Empty Re: How did your team do in the transfer window?

Post by Blackburnbob Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:33 pm

Well we had a few good rumours with Marco Janko and Pogrebnyak but they didn't come off, in the end out went Derbyshire and in came Diouf, i will see how he gets on, i think he is not bad but had a bad few yrs, who knows maybe he can find his form at Rovers
Blackburnbob
Blackburnbob
Key Player
Key Player

Number of posts : 650
Goals : 2

Team Supported : Blackburn/Scarborough/Revs!!

Back to top Go down

How did your team do in the transfer window? Empty Re: How did your team do in the transfer window?

Post by j6pini Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:16 pm

We'll see if the departure of Robbie Keane helps Liverpool as a removal of a distraction. In terms of adding players, they didn't have any holes anyway, so I'm content with a lack of movement.

What about Jo to Everton and Arshavin to Arsenal? It seems Everton wanted to turn up the heat for the race for the 5th spot, but I don't see Arsenal slipping now that they've got Arshavin to fill the offensive midfield void left by Cesc. Plus they're getting Rosicky back soon.

Any Everton fans have an opinion on what sort of impact Jo will have?

j6pini
Rotation Player
Rotation Player

Number of posts : 270
Goals : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:38 pm

I think Jo is going to be a fantastic signing for Everton. With Louis Saha always in the physio room and Yak out long term, Jo will have a huge chance to establish himself in the side, and possibly seal a permanent move.

Jo's style of play fits in nicely with Everton, too. Cahill, Arteta, Fellaini, etc. are all talented players who like to move the ball around.

I can't wait to see Everton kick it up a notch.
Brian
Brian
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 566
Goals : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Tay Fish Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:47 pm

One of those UEFA Cup spots is calling their name.
Tay Fish
Tay Fish
Key Player
Key Player

Number of posts : 663

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackburnbob Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:49 pm

Yeh i think Jo's move is make or break for him, as far as premier league football goe's anyway, no doubt he has the talent he just couldn't put it to use at man city, but seem's to be a common problem there at present, Arshavin definately a good buy for the Gunners, they gonna have some aweasome midfield when they are all fit, Arshavin, Fabregas, Nasri, Rosicky they are going to be a real danger when they get over injurys
Blackburnbob
Blackburnbob
Key Player
Key Player

Number of posts : 650

Team Supported : Blackburn/Scarborough/Revs!!

Back to top Go down

Post by j6pini Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:51 pm

Taylor, who do you think is Everton most likely to overtake to reach 5th? I would like to see them reach 5th but looking at the top 5 as they stand now, I can't bring myself to pick out one. Unless the Arshavin project falls apart somehow? I don't know.

j6pini
Rotation Player
Rotation Player

Number of posts : 270

Back to top Go down

Post by Tay Fish Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:08 pm

I don't see them making 5th. Uefa cup spots can go all the way down to 7th. I was saying that the addition of Jo will keep them in that range, so if 6th or 7th opens up as a UEFA cup spot then they will definitely be there.
Tay Fish
Tay Fish
Key Player
Key Player

Number of posts : 663

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotzyb Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:37 pm

The simple answer to that question (as a City fan) is : NOT GREAT! Laughing
Cotzyb
Cotzyb
Youth Trainee
Youth Trainee

Number of posts : 39

Team Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by captcharisma22 Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:22 am

I am obviously delighted with Arshavin's signing as it really gives us a tremendous midfield when they all come back from injuries...so in that aspect I agree with the comments above that we will be a real danger and that's why I just can't imagine losing out to Villa on that fourth spot...with Laursen struggling to remain fit, they will be shipping some goals soon and Martin O Neill's own success will end up setting a bench mark too hard for Villa to follow up...so I am pretty content with Arshavin's arrival though I feel the much delayed and protracted nature of the move was definitely a turn-off.

captcharisma22
Youth Trainee
Youth Trainee

Number of posts : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down