Premiership Talk Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SCOLARI SACKED

+2
j6pini
captcharisma22
6 posters

Go down

SCOLARI SACKED Empty SCOLARI SACKED

Post by captcharisma22 Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:31 pm

Wow, two Prem managers gone within hours as Scolari follows Adams out of the office. The whole nation, especially the south, has to be in disbelief over these shocking developments. I realize Scolari was struggling, but are Chelsea becoming the new Real Madrid with the continuous manager change? Cut the guy some slack and give him more time to lead the side to recovery! Till date I can't believe Grant was sacked after second-place finishes in both the Prem and the CL, which was the highest finish for Chelsea in Europe. As an Arsenal fan I have another reason to be proud because despite our troubled times, we believe in Arsene and more importantly, we believe in stability!

captcharisma22
Youth Trainee
Youth Trainee

Number of posts : 16
Goals : 0

Back to top Go down

SCOLARI SACKED Empty Re: SCOLARI SACKED

Post by j6pini Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:44 pm

I think I agree that Scolari should have been given more time, but it is tough to conclusively say one way or the other because there have been signs that the relationship was not working out. For instance, there have been rumors of unrest in the team for a while, ever since so-called "team leaders" went to Scolari a few weeks ago and told him they needed tougher training sessions. That, plus the facts that a)there may be a communication problem due to the language barrier in terms of communicating in-game strategy to the players, and b)Scolari may still be adapting to managing a club on this level as opposed to a national team in a knockout tournament. My point is that there may be behind the scenes reasons having to do with the things I just mentioned that he really had to go.

j6pini
Rotation Player
Rotation Player

Number of posts : 270

Back to top Go down

Post by Dani Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:30 am

I didn't think it was a good hire but I don't agree with firing the guy less than a year into his stint at Chelsea. Why fire Scolari now right after the transfer market closed? It makes no sense. You allowed him to bring in Quaresma and then fire the guy. If you're going to get rid of him then don't let him bring in players.

Dani
Academy Regular
Academy Regular

Number of posts : 103

Back to top Go down

Post by j6pini Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:08 pm

I agree, and whether it was the right decision or not, the information coming in that the decision was completely from Abramovich is telling. He probably became fed up after the 0-0 draw vs Hull and sacked him in a moment of fury. Sky reported yesterday that Scolari had the support of even Peter Kenyon (the chief executive), but the owner took unilateral action. No wonder Mourinho didn't like him...

j6pini
Rotation Player
Rotation Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Tay Fish Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:47 pm

Definitely not a smart decision...that's why the saying goes "cooler heads will prevail." Abramovich obviously didn't heed that advice.
Tay Fish
Tay Fish
Key Player
Key Player

Number of posts : 663
Goals : 2

Team Supported : Manchester United

http://www.premiershiptalk.com

Back to top Go down

Post by j6pini Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:06 pm

He should start holding ice packs.

j6pini
Rotation Player
Rotation Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Tay Fish Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:08 pm

Wow it took me awhile to get that joke pini, but it did give me a good laugh once i figured it out. hahaha
Tay Fish
Tay Fish
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackburnbob Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:26 pm

Pathetic in my opinion, seem's to be a fashion to sack managers this season, how many have gone in less than a season in charge? Surely you need a season and transfers to see what you can do, obviously certain exceptions can be made, like Ince, 11 games without a win, he was also untested so it was a gamble by Rovers, Scolari on the other hand is a tried and etsted manager, they should have let him make his own team, but nvm could be good/bad news for Chelski Villa etc
Blackburnbob
Blackburnbob
Key Player
Key Player

Number of posts : 650

Team Supported : Blackburn/Scarborough/Revs!!

Back to top Go down

Post by j6pini Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:41 pm

The following men look remarkably alike:
SCOLARI SACKED Rusya_Milli_Takim_Teknik_Direktoru_Guus_Hiddink
SCOLARI SACKED C_3_Media_65663_immagine_det

j6pini
Rotation Player
Rotation Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Tay Fish Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:43 pm

WOW that is pretty strange/ridiculous/weird/i really can't describe what i am looking at.
Tay Fish
Tay Fish
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:14 pm

I thought you'd accidentally put two pics up of the same guy then Suspect

But i still don't understand why they got rid of Avram Grant, whilst he seemed unimspiring in the media he got the job done, which is surely the point. Chelsea could so easily have won both the League and CL last season. Indeed it was only one costly slip that stopped them in the CL. Gus Hiddink? like Scolari has experience at national level. Scolari worked with world quality players at Brazil and Portugal but Hiddink's success has come working with mediocre teams like South Korea, Australia and now Russia. How will he handle not only the rigours of the premier league, managing chelsea and coping russia at the same time, and working with higher quality players then he is used to?
Andy
Andy
Rotation Player
Rotation Player

Number of posts : 251
Goals : 3

Team Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down