England move to 7th in World Ranking's

Go down

England move to 7th in World Ranking's

Post by Blackburnbob on Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:23 pm

With some moving and shaking during the last few games England have moved up to 7th in FIFA world rankings, i would say that's probably about right, Spain are still way out infront of Germany, Holland get 3rd followed by Brazil who move infront of Italy. All sounds fair enough to me, although Germany seem quite high up to me.

I think Holland will be the one to watch in the coming World Cup, Huntelaar is a demon striker, they have so much class on the pitch, could be a dark horse.
Blackburnbob
Key Player
Key Player

Number of posts : 650
Goals : 2

Team Supported : Blackburn/Scarborough/Revs!!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: England move to 7th in World Ranking's

Post by j6pini on Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:43 pm

I don't know...I suppose 7th is somewhat accurate, if only due to their success in WCQ. But they've been placed ahead of TEN teams who beat them out for Euro 08 qualifying spots. I'd say the European championship tournament ought to have more pull, and seeing as England didn't even qualify, I'm not sure they deserve to be ahead of teams like Russia and Croatia, among others. I mean, we'll see what the future holds, like I said they've had a perfect record in WCQ so who knows.

Also, you can take this with a grain of salt if you want as I'm American, but I think the US is better than 15th. Unfortunately since we play in CONCACAF we're at a disadvantage in how the rankings are calculated, but we'll see in 2010!

j6pini
Rotation Player
Rotation Player

Number of posts : 270
Goals : 0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackburnbob on Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:57 pm

Well that depends how many teams you can name who are likely better than your said team i guess.

As for an earl;y prediction for the WC i reckon Brazil or Holland, unless there is major injury's or unlucky draw's.
Blackburnbob
Key Player
Key Player

Number of posts : 650

Team Supported : Blackburn/Scarborough/Revs!!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy on Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:50 pm

Spain for me. Best team in the world by a LONG way right now. If they keep up their form no one should be able to stop them
Andy
Rotation Player
Rotation Player

Number of posts : 251
Goals : 3

Team Supported : Liverpool

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by j6pini on Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:50 pm

Yeah they're one of the few accurate rankings I'd say. A lot of the perennial top teams are not doing so well atm, like France, maybe Italy...even Brazil and Argentina are dropping WCQ points that they should be winning. So should be interesting to see which teams get it together for the WC.

j6pini
Rotation Player
Rotation Player

Number of posts : 270
Goals : 0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Tay Fish on Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:53 pm

Spain is by far the best team in my book. Holland is amazing as well. I don't really know if 15th is unjust or not for the US. I guess i will have to wait until 2010 to find out.

Key Player

Number of posts : 663

Team Supported : Manchester United

View user profile http://www.premiershiptalk.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down