Premiership Talk Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Summer signings at Rovers 2009/2010 Season

3 posters

Go down

Summer signings at Rovers 2009/2010 Season Empty Summer signings at Rovers 2009/2010 Season

Post by lancashirelass Mon May 25, 2009 2:19 pm

New players in?

Andy Van Der Meyde is trying to grab a Premier League lifeline with Blackburn after being shown the door by Everton.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/2009/05/25/meyde-s-rovers-lifeline-115875-21387053/

Will Sam take him on?

Very Happy

lancashirelass
Youth Trainee
Youth Trainee

Number of posts : 41
Goals : 0

Back to top Go down

Summer signings at Rovers 2009/2010 Season Empty Re: Summer signings at Rovers 2009/2010 Season

Post by Blackburnbob Tue May 26, 2009 5:39 am

Won't be a bad signing if he's on a free, just whether he has the motivation to do it anymore, i can see Sam trying for Kevin Davies and Crouch if Santa goe's, i also reckon depending on price we may even see Bentley back
Blackburnbob
Blackburnbob
Key Player
Key Player

Number of posts : 650
Goals : 2

Team Supported : Blackburn/Scarborough/Revs!!

Back to top Go down

Summer signings at Rovers 2009/2010 Season Empty Re: Summer signings at Rovers 2009/2010 Season

Post by lancashirelass Tue May 26, 2009 9:08 am

Oh no!

We do not want Bentley back... Evil or Very Mad

He thought he was bigger than the club last time once he got..pardon me..we got him good enough for England.

He wanted the move to Tottie..he got it.

Arsenal did'nt have the faith and they sold him on.

Desiring a permanent move, Bentley was linked with a number of clubs including Wolves, before being dispatched on a further season's loan to Blackburn Rovers in August 2005; in January 2006, Blackburn announced they had signed Bentley on a permanent basis from Arsenal.

In his first match after permanently signing for Blackburn, he scored his first senior hat trick in a 4–3 victory against Manchester United, becoming the first player in the history of the Premier League to score three goals in one game against United. Bentley went on to feature regularly for Blackburn in the 2005–06 season, and helped the club finish sixth in league.

Looks like he scored only two goals for Tottie so has he dried up...
Sleep

lancashirelass
Youth Trainee
Youth Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackburnbob Tue May 26, 2009 11:38 am

No doubt about it he is a moron, but he played some awesome football for us, could maybe re-ignite him coming back
Blackburnbob
Blackburnbob
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by lancashirelass Tue May 26, 2009 3:47 pm

he scored his first senior hat trick in a 4–3 victory against Manchester United

Now if we did buy him again and he did the hat trick against MU again for us then... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

lancashirelass
Youth Trainee
Youth Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackburnbob Tue May 26, 2009 3:49 pm

Yeah that would be something else
Blackburnbob
Blackburnbob
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by lancashirelass Tue May 26, 2009 4:02 pm

I don't honestly think he could,

But under Sam...maybe!

lancashirelass
Youth Trainee
Youth Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackburnbob Tue May 26, 2009 5:45 pm

My only issue with Sam is his vision, he always seems to buy alright playersdoesn't seem to have the vision to try and get super players, i know its hard with our kitty but if the 20 mill contract clause for Cruz is met, we have the money to buy someone special, maybe even a couple.

There is also definate money from Ooijer and Mokoena, Derbyshire seems to be on his way out too (shame imo i quite rate him)
Blackburnbob
Blackburnbob
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by lancashirelass Wed May 27, 2009 5:58 am

Derbyshire yep,

I can't understand the logic in that. I also think we should have kept hold of Tugay. Yes he is oldest but can still kick a good ball.

He could also have made a good backroom staff and later when he has the badges could have been our next manager.

What money comes from Roque then the Walkers will grab some of that.

lancashirelass
Youth Trainee
Youth Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackburnbob Wed May 27, 2009 6:15 am

The whole Derbyshire thing puzzles me stupid, we had a defender up front for a lot of games at the end, in fairness to Chris he did a good job at holding play, but he can't finish for toffee, we could have done so much more had Derbyshire still been around.
Blackburnbob
Blackburnbob
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by lancashirelass Wed May 27, 2009 2:01 pm

They don't know, or at least Matty does'nt know whats happening yet for next season.

No official offer yet from Olympiakos.

lancashirelass
Youth Trainee
Youth Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Wed May 27, 2009 9:01 pm

I agree with you two, Derbyshire should have a spot in next season's Rovers team.

And, Blackburnbob, just for the record...my first Blackburn game in person was when Samba scored against Bolton at the Reebok. Haha.
Brian
Brian
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 566
Goals : 1

Team Supported : Manchester United

http://www.premiershiptalk.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackburnbob Thu May 28, 2009 5:03 am

Haha the mighty Samba!!!
Blackburnbob
Blackburnbob
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down