Transfers, fee's and all things money

Go down

Transfers, fee's and all things money

Post by Blackburnbob on Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:06 am

So Sepp Blatter has come out and said this spending needs to stop, if things stay as they are i can see a new league being needed, say a super premier league where the top 4 play out with each other and 1 other contender be it Villa Everton whatever joining them, problem with all this money being thrown around like confetti is for clubs such as mine we have no way of keeping up with this kind of spending, along with a lot more clubs out of the top 4/5.

Also the wages bill to me needs sorting out fast, 100,000+ a week is just totally absurd, for a normal Joe like me, it would take me 10 years to earn that not one week, why the hell do they need all this money for playing a game "they enjoy", wouldn't you guys (providing your good enough!) take say 400-800 a week to play for United, Pool etc? Damn if i was good enough and Fulham knocked on my door offering 400 per week to play i would jump at the chance!

Just had to get that off my chest, the world is in an economic crisis yet these guys get stupid money for playing and the millions floating about on transfers is just mind-blowingly crazy.
Blackburnbob
Key Player
Key Player

Number of posts : 650
Goals : 2

Team Supported : Blackburn/Scarborough/Revs!!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Transfers, fee's and all things money

Post by Brian on Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:35 pm

I couldn't agree more, but this is a discussion I get into all too often. At the end of the day football is a business...and wages are allocated based on how much money someone brings in.

So if United makes 500 million pounds per year (hypothetical), then what are they supposed to do with all of it? Of course, the actual people who are responsible for putting people in the seats should get the majority of that money.

If these clubs weren't paying these players exorbitant wages, then the owners would just be pocketing the money. Who would you rather see get the money?

But yes, personally I would play for free and worry about the money on the side. Having thousands of people cheer your name and wear your name on their backs would be outstanding.

Admin

Number of posts : 566
Goals : 1

Team Supported : Manchester United

View user profile http://www.premiershiptalk.com

Back to top Go down