Latest Transfer Rumblings

Go down

Latest Transfer Rumblings

Post by j6pini on Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:00 pm

The stories I've read today that are most interesting/disconcerting are:

1. Alonso submitted a formal transfer request. This is a deathblow. I hope Gerrard leads the team to an inspired Premier League title with all the pressure on his shoulders.

2. This isn't that new, but more stuff about Mascherano wanting out. This is just about on par with the Alonso news, and together, I don't know how Liverpool will contend for the title. Once again, time for a season for the ages for Stevie G.

3. Zola is going after Balotelli. I love Balotelli, and I like what Zola did with that club when he came in last season. And even though I want Mourinho to win another CL, I'm hoping this transfer happens. West Ham could make some noise again this year and contend for Europa League if it does...I'd expect them to finish in the 11-to-6 range even as it is now.

j6pini
Rotation Player
Rotation Player

Number of posts : 270
Goals : 0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Latest Transfer Rumblings

Post by Blackburnbob on Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:34 am

This morning the "Alonso" saga has become even more boring by Alonso's people claiming he has done no such thing!!! Yawn!!
Blackburnbob
Key Player
Key Player

Number of posts : 650
Goals : 2

Team Supported : Blackburn/Scarborough/Revs!!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy on Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:47 pm

Well both sides how now confirmed that talks are going on. Rafa is being quite stubborn about the asking price though. Think he's trying to send out the message to Barca and others that he is not an easy man to bargain with. If only we'd thought this hard over the asking price for Glen Johnson...

Which lead me on to another point, 3.5 million for Arbeloa out, 17 mill for Johnson in... Pretty shocking peice of business there quite frankly.

Also liverpool have dismissed the option of players being put into any deal for Alonso...Why? They could get players the quality of van der Vaart, Sneijder etc, think they are missing a trick here. They wouldn't be direct replacements for Alonso but they would make us a much better attacking side.

As for rumours, Rafa eyeing up Aquilani to replace Alonso, with a reported fee of around 18 million on the cards.
Andy
Rotation Player
Rotation Player

Number of posts : 251
Goals : 3

Team Supported : Liverpool

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackburnbob on Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:50 pm

I read they may be interested in Huntelaar too, that would be some good business that kid is bloody awesome, also Rovers are close to grabbing Kalinic who has an awesome goal scoring record so far, plus if anything happens like the past Rovers' strikers are always demon in their first season, now i'm giving away fantasy tips!!! looool
Blackburnbob
Key Player
Key Player

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy on Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:34 pm

Haha he might be pretty cheap fantasy footy wise if he does come, might be a nice cheeky little punt.

What does everyone think of Arsenal's interest in Chamakh? Worth the money? Is he the striker Arsenal need? He's not exactly prolific averaging a goal more than every other 4 games.
Andy
Rotation Player
Rotation Player

Number of posts : 251
Goals : 3

Team Supported : Liverpool

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackburnbob on Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:20 am

Aapparently Arsenal have given up on him, Kalinic agent say's it's a done deal with Rovers just need's the work permit then job's a good un, definately worth a fantasy punt if it does happen! Also Rovers have got Chelsea's Franco Di Santo on loan till at least January
Blackburnbob
Key Player
Key Player

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down