Spurs 2-1 Liverpool

Go down

Spurs 2-1 Liverpool

Post by Brian on Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:24 pm

I'm going to try to refrain from laughing at Liverpool too much, but what a way to start the season. Haha.

In all honesty, Spurs actually looked like a top side. If they can keep their energy levels as high as they were today, Redknapp may actually turn Tottenham into a side that can challenge the top four.

Wilson Palacios looked outstanding today as well.

Admin

Number of posts : 566
Goals : 1

Team Supported : Manchester United

View user profile http://www.premiershiptalk.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Spurs 2-1 Liverpool

Post by Tay Fish on Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:48 pm

i didn't see the match, but i did hear that spurs played extremely well. only time will tell if they can be a top 4 side, but i'm pumped that pool start off the season on such a dismal note!! haha!

Key Player

Number of posts : 663
Goals : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy on Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:26 pm

Oh i do love man u fans.
Andy
Rotation Player
Rotation Player

Number of posts : 251
Goals : 3

Team Supported : Liverpool

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian on Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:36 pm

Hahahaha...nothing gives me a good chuckle more than Liverpool fans. Instead of simply admitting that Liverpool disappointed and Spurs played well, you simply change the subject saying something about United fans. Hahahaha.

Always delusional and never willing to raise your hands up and just improve.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy on Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:32 pm

Well i didn't watch the match so i have no right to comment on it.

What i will say though, is that all day at work before the match i was saying pool would lose. Just something about it, Spurs usually start the season in a rubbish manner, but now with Harry in charge i didn't think they would. We lost the same fixture last season, and our pre-season (while rarely can be used to predict actual form) was less than inspiring.
Andy
Rotation Player
Rotation Player

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by j6pini on Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:59 pm

I did watch the game. It was the most abismal two hours of my weekend. Not only did Tottenham look very good, but Liverpool played like crap. This was a more worrying start than any of the other top four. Lucas Leiva, the band-aid in Alonso's old spot for two months, must not start next week; Liverpool had no midfield possession at all. Gerrard was completely MIA the whole game, and didn't look 100% healthy at all. Torres tried to do way too much himself up top because he had no support. I can't say anything good about this game. Oh wait, Pepe Reina had a solid game, as did Glen Johnson...but that's all I can think of.

j6pini
Rotation Player
Rotation Player

Number of posts : 270
Goals : 0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by j6pini on Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:02 pm

The jury is still out on Spurs, but today they played like all the disparate good quality that we saw in parts of last season came together at the same time. They sort of picked up right where they left off in the spring. I'll want to see that form consistently for the next couple weeks before I say they can challenge for the top 4, but it was a statement of intent.

j6pini
Rotation Player
Rotation Player

Number of posts : 270

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dani on Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:14 pm

Brian wrote:Hahahaha...nothing gives me a good chuckle more than Liverpool fans. Instead of simply admitting that Liverpool disappointed and Spurs played well, you simply change the subject saying something about United fans. Hahahaha.

Always delusional and never willing to raise your hands up and just improve.

I think I recall a similar United fan a few months ago haha

Dani
Academy Regular
Academy Regular

Number of posts : 103

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian on Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:48 pm

Dani wrote:
I think I recall a similar United fan a few months ago haha

You lost me on that one...

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy on Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:36 pm

Maybe something to do with the champions league final?
Andy
Rotation Player
Rotation Player

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian on Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:53 am

Andy wrote:Maybe something to do with the champions league final?

Haha, that is a great match to pick for an example, Andy! While you are busy saying "I love United fans" after a loss and ignoring a bad performance instead of admitting it and moving forward, after the CL Final I gladly admitted United were flat and uninterested (and that Messi put on a clinic).

Brian wrote:
j6pini wrote:It's hard to pinpoint one or two key reasons that they lost. No single Barca player dominated. Xavi was probably the right choice for man of the match, but a lot of players had great games. Messi did clearly have much more room to work in this game than either leg vs. Chelsea, but you can't call that the key to the win. Sir Alex had it right: since Eto'o's goal, Man Utd were just bad.

Ronaldo actually played pretty well. At least he was the only one who looked like bringing United back at any point. Still, Messi did enough to sure up player of the year.

I echo all of these sentiments. The better team won, it was a team effort, and Ronaldo did play well.

Do you see a difference?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dani on Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:03 am

Here's what I was making a reference to.

Dani wrote:
Did anyone see United today? They were supposed to play in the CL final today but they didn't show up.

Brian wrote:
Didn't Porto knock them out? I remember you telling me how the Hulk and Porto were going to win. I didn't exactly see Porto in the final...

link:
http://forum.premiershiptalk.com/champions-league-uefa-cup-f13/who-will-win-t172-80.htm

So it was basically doing what you accused Andy of doing.

Dani
Academy Regular
Academy Regular

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian on Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:32 pm

The major difference here is that I was simply making a joke towards you, Dani, and you knew it. It was a bit of banter...especially since in the very same minute I held my hand up high and admitted Barca were the better team, etc (look at the next post).

Andy was just completely ignoring the match and refusing to even talk about the club that actually disappointed.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dani on Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:46 pm

I didn't know you were joking. It appeared to me that you were being serious. But that's what happens sometimes when you write stuff online, you're joking or being sarcastic and the other person doesn't notice because they can't hear the manner in which you say it, they just read it.

Sorry about the mixup.

Dani
Academy Regular
Academy Regular

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian on Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:52 pm

No worries...Andy, on the other hand, quite simply refused to discuss this match.

The bottom line is that Liverpool is off to a disappointing start, and to avoid it in the future there can be no excuses. Every match counts in the Premiership.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy on Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:34 pm

I've said before that i didn't watch the match . how can i comment? Yes it was a bad start but we lost by the same margain at white hart lane last season and still did pretty well. So all is not lost.

And with the champion's league final thing, i was just guessing, i didn't have a clue what he was taling about either but thats the only match i could think of was a tad humiliating for Man U recently

Well not including burnley of course Very Happy
Andy
Rotation Player
Rotation Player

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content