Still alive folks?

Go down

Still alive folks?

Post by Blackburnbob on Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:45 am

Howdy partners! Are you still alive it's very ghoulish on pt atm!!
Blackburnbob
Key Player
Key Player

Number of posts : 650
Goals : 2

Team Supported : Blackburn/Scarborough/Revs!!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Still alive folks?

Post by Andy on Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:44 pm

I've been waiting for someone to post soemthing for aaaaaages
Andy
Rotation Player
Rotation Player

Number of posts : 251
Goals : 3

Team Supported : Liverpool

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackburnbob on Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:35 am

Me too mate very quiet!! Like a graveyard!!

Who's your prediction for today m8 pool or city?
Blackburnbob
Key Player
Key Player

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy on Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:38 pm

Well my prediction was City, but they let me down lol. Pretty poor game all being told, why Aquilani still sits on the bench is anyones guess.
Andy
Rotation Player
Rotation Player

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackburnbob on Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:14 am

Yeah i was thinking the same, Pool started off bright but in all fairness for a 4 goal match it was pretty dull, N'gog is crap too, why Rafa insists on playing hime is beyond me!!

I would have Kuyt as back up striker, sit Gerrard just behind him and have Yossi take up Gerrards spot!

Alos last few pool games i've watched Insua has been total crap, no pace at all, so why i she getting the nod over Aurelio?
Blackburnbob
Key Player
Key Player

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy on Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:17 pm

What!? Ngog isn't crap, beside that he's by far the best replacement to Torres we have.

Aurelio has been injured, which he's only jst come back from, hence why Insua keeps playing, who i agree, is terrible.
Andy
Rotation Player
Rotation Player

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Diamente on Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:55 am

Ngog is a quality player, although that dive a couple weeks ago was terrible...

Liverpool could win a title this season now, although it is the Europa league.

Mike Diamente
Youth Trainee
Youth Trainee

Number of posts : 44
Goals : 0

Team Supported : AC Milan

View user profile http://ilmondodicalcio.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackburnbob on Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:32 am

I cannot see what people see in N'gog he is a 6 yard tap in fella, I would rather have Babel or even Kuty as Torres' replacement
Blackburnbob
Key Player
Key Player

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy on Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:46 am

You're so wrong. So he doesn't exactly bang goals in regularly, his overall team play is whats most improved. He was one of if not the best player during Tuesdays match and his work for Benayoons goal last Saturday was top notch.
Andy
Rotation Player
Rotation Player

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by j6pini on Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:37 pm

David N'gog is the man. He's sort of dispicable too, given his famous dive a few weeks ago. But he's better than the massively, massively, massively overrated Fernando Torres.

j6pini
Rotation Player
Rotation Player

Number of posts : 270

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by j6pini on Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:37 pm

In fact, Yossi Benayoun is better than Torres too. Kuyt isn't though.

j6pini
Rotation Player
Rotation Player

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackburnbob on Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:52 pm

Benayoun is bloody class, Torres is excellent, i just think he's starting to be a bit lazy and cocky now and it's affecting his game. Kuyt to me is a dutch version of Tevez would run allday and do lot's of work but not highly skilled in any area, can't fault him for his graft though!!
Blackburnbob
Key Player
Key Player

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by j6pini on Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:49 pm

Well what about this: where do you rank Torres overall, in terms of top strikers in the world? To me he's around 12th to 15th, maybe as far back as 20th. I don't get the Torres appeal. Craig Bellamy is ranked higher on my list.

j6pini
Rotation Player
Rotation Player

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackburnbob on Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:53 am

I would say around 10th but i wouldn't put Bellamy higher, i would have done 5 years ago maybe, but like Torres i think Bellamy is a bit too touch and go. If he fired on his top form every game then he would be very near the top. Off top of my head (not really in order) better strikers than Torres would be: Drogba, Suarez, Benzema, Aguero, Villa, Rooney (although he's not really an out and out cf now) Defoe, Eto'o. I would take any of those at Rovers before Nando.
Blackburnbob
Key Player
Key Player

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy on Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:17 pm

Torres down in 10th? You're both madmen

Look at the facts: Torres has the highets goals per minutes played ratio of anyone who has played for a sufficient time in the premier league.

To say rooney is better? What a joke. Aguero? He gets outscored by Forlan every season, so surely he would be there? Defoe? No. Just no. Benzema is just very overrated.
Andy
Rotation Player
Rotation Player

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackburnbob on Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:14 am

Well Forlan is also good but Aguero is so versatile and if you ahve seen some of his goals they are blinding, Rooney can play practically anywhere on the pitch as well as score goals, Torres is CF nothing else, i would take Defoe over Torres depending on who was partnering him tbh, if the goal is there he is a better finisher than Torres but it's getting there that's the issue for him, another one who has dropped off the radar who i would love to see in the EPL is Huntelaar, he is a quality player just made wrong decisions with transfers.
Blackburnbob
Key Player
Key Player

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy on Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:30 pm

But you're talking about the BEST STRIKERS IN THE WORLD. So its hardly a plus point that they can play all over the pitch (Rooney). Rooney doesn't score as much as Torres does, fact, because he keeps roaming!
The problem with Defoe, as you mentioned, is that he can't create something out of nothing, where we all know Torres can, which is another reason why Drogba is so good (imo the only striker better than Torres atm). Aguero, yes, scores some great goals (as does David Silva, but he's not on your list), but he just isn't the clinical goalscorer that a Forlan, Villa or a Torres is. Huntelaar has certainly not proven himself as a class striker.

JP, saying N'gog is better than Torres!? What!? Are you watching the same two people as me? N'gog is good, and should probably become a great player, but to say he's better than Torres is ludicrous. As BlackburnBob said earlier, N'gog is just a tap in striker atm, can't create something out of nothing, or take chances nearly as often as he should (and hopefully will in future).
Andy
Rotation Player
Rotation Player

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by j6pini on Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:43 pm

Torres can't create something out of nothing. He had one great season in England. He always gets massively outshined by David Villa for Spain, at least in the past few years. Sure, he scored in the Euro 2008 final, but Villa was out due to injury, having been the tournament's leading scorer still. I think Torres's main quality is his physicality, and he's scored some crucial late goals for Liverpool. I just don't put him top 10.

I don't put N'gog top 10 overall, because that sort of list depends on a level of consistency on the top stages, which N'gog obviously doesn't have. But when watching Liverpool, I'm more confident in N'gog than in Torres. Ditto Bellamy, whose personality and name tends to cloud his talent in a lot of people's eyes. Watch a Man City game and tell me he's not as good as Torres. Ditto Defoe. Aguero is decent, but I don't put him top 10; he has raw ability but not much intelligence, he just doesn't play well. I put Tevez ahead of Torres too, but you wouldn't know it if all you've seen is his Man United and Argentina performances. Again, watch Man City and then tell me he's not as good as Torres.

j6pini
Rotation Player
Rotation Player

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by j6pini on Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:57 pm

Another great performance from two of the strikers who are better than Fernando Torres: Tevez and Bellamy.

j6pini
Rotation Player
Rotation Player

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackburnbob on Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:06 pm

Yeh Blackburn were crap yet again, Sam really needs to go before we end up relegated, least if they boot him now, someone can try do something with the transfer window!! He is on a bad a run as Ince was when he got sacked!!! GET HIM OUT!!!!!!
Blackburnbob
Key Player
Key Player

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by j6pini on Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:42 pm

Speaking of Sam Allardyce, here's a prediction for you: if Coyle signs Stuart Holden, Bolton will make Europe next season.

j6pini
Rotation Player
Rotation Player

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down