Premiership Talk Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Inter and AC's Heroes for Today

2 posters

Go down

Inter and AC's Heroes for Today Empty Inter and AC's Heroes for Today

Post by Mike Diamente Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:43 pm

Had a chance to watch half of Inter Milan's game today, as well as AC Milan's game...(as well as el classico)

Found it interesting that Inter Milan's best player on the day was Quaresma, and AC won their game thanks to 2 goals from Huntelaar.

At the very least I think Quaresma and Huntelaar have earned themselves a little more playing time, but both guys have been rumored to be leaving their clubs...

Thoughts?

Mike Diamente
Youth Trainee
Youth Trainee

Number of posts : 44
Goals : 0

Team Supported : AC Milan

http://ilmondodicalcio.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Inter and AC's Heroes for Today Empty Re: Inter and AC's Heroes for Today

Post by j6pini Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:22 pm

I think Mourinho will need Quaresma. I realize that game was weeks ago now that I'm writing this, but I saw about 30 minutes of it, and the guy had a great game. The other thing is, where will he go that will guarantee him playing time? His schtick is that he had all this potential years ago but hasn't quite put it together at top clubs. He hasn't even consistently played for Inter, or for Chelsea when he was there. Any top club is going to see him as an impact winger substitute at best.

Ditto Huntelaar; he could go be an everyday starter at a Dutch club, but he'll probably be just another striking option at another top club. And in his case I'd be surprised if he doesn't make the Dutch WC team anyway, so nothing to worry about there. My guess is both players stay where they are...just a guess.

j6pini
Rotation Player
Rotation Player

Number of posts : 270

Back to top Go down

Post by j6pini Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:32 pm

Also, Quaresma could be a masterstroke trick up Mourinho's sleave when the press writes him off for CL (those that haven't already).

Here's how Inter will win CL:
1. Inter needs a goal vs. Chelsea with 45 minutes to play in leg 2. Enter Quaresma. POW! Inter wins the tie at the blade of their own reject.
2. Inter needs a goal vs. Real Madrid with 5 minutes to play in leg 2. POW! Wesley Snjeider scores a screamer from 30 yards out. Camera flashes to Florentino Perez crying in the stands, having been defeated at the blade of his own reject. (Have I mentioned that Real won't win any trophies this season?)
3. Inter needs a goal vs. Barcelona with 10 minutes left in leg 2. Zlatan has a wide open net to put the game away, but he biffs it. Three minutes later Samuel Eto'o puts Inter through, and the camera turns to Jose Mourinho running down the sideline a la Jose Mourinho 2004 or Pep Guardiola 2009. Barca have been defeated at at the blade of their own reject.
4. Marco Materazzi makes fun of Frank Ribery's sister and Ribery heatbuts him. Inter goes on to win on penalties.

j6pini
Rotation Player
Rotation Player

Number of posts : 270

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down