Premiership Talk Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Boston Celtics

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

The Boston Celtics - Page 3 Empty Re: The Boston Celtics

Post by Brian on Sat May 09, 2009 12:00 pm

Not at all. Kendrick Perkins is awful, while D-How is the best center in the league by far.

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 566
Goals : 1

Team Supported : Manchester United

http://www.premiershiptalk.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tay Fish on Mon May 11, 2009 10:44 am

GLENN DAVIS!!! YES!!! We will just consider that kid he owned after he made the shot as collateral damage hahahaha!!

Key Player
Key Player

Number of posts : 663
Goals : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Dani on Mon May 11, 2009 7:15 pm

How can you say Perkins is awful? He's certainly no Howard but he's a good quality center.

So what do you think of Rondo? A while back you said Pruitt would a better PG than him. Do you still think that?

Dani
Academy Regular
Academy Regular

Number of posts : 103
Goals : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Tay Fish on Tue May 12, 2009 6:28 am

I'm going to have to back up Brian about Perk...sure he gets his blocks, but he is foul prone and he's not smart about it. i can't stand him because he could be so much better but he continues to frustrate night in and night out.

Rondo is unbelievable, but there is still stuff he can work us. turnovers have never really been a problem for him for the most part, but consistency is. one night he can be the best PG in the league, and the next night he can have a performance like he did in Game 3 (i think that was the one). I don't believe Pruitt will ever be a better PG than rondo though. i just can't see it happening

Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian on Tue May 12, 2009 11:19 am

Perkins is absolutely terrible. Probably the dumbest player in the league. How many times does he get technicals that cost us dearly? And how many times are those irrelevant to the play and caused just because Perk has a bad temper? Especially when we're short on big men you'd think Perk would be a little more careful, but he's too stupid.

And Rondo is outstanding, I'll be the first to admit it. However, when the game is on the line I don't want the ball in his hands. He waits too long and is not aware of the clock AT ALL. See how Paul Pierce had nothing at the end of the game so he PASSED it to ANYONE who was open so they could score? Rondo would've thrown up something ugly in a panic.

As for Pruitt, I still think he could turn out to be an outstanding player as well. Potential is funny - there's no way of seeing if he'll ever pan out. One can hope, though. He's certainly a better shooter than Rondo.

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 566
Goals : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Dani on Tue May 12, 2009 10:57 pm

Do you guys even watch basketball? Or do you just watch the Celtics? Perkins is a good center. He can rebound and play defense. He has a decent post game and gets some points. It might not seem like a lot but look around the league, especially in the East. He's easily a top 10 center in the East.

You can't just look at numbers though, basketball numbers can be very decieiving. There are a lot of players on bad teams who put up good numbers because they get minutes by default, shots and rebounds by default as well.

Dani
Academy Regular
Academy Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Tay Fish on Wed May 13, 2009 9:33 am

Here are the centers just in the East that I would take over AMAZING Kendrick Perkins (in no specific order):

1. Big Z. - Cleveland
2. Dwight Howard - Orlando
3. Al Horford - Atlanta
4. Jermaine O'Neal - Miami
5. Joakim Noah - Chicago (he is so much more athletic)
6. Samuel Dalembert - Philly
7. Rasheed Wallace - Detroit
8. Antonio McDyess - Detroit
9. Emeka Okafor - Charlotte
10. Andrew Bogut - Milwaukee
11. Chris Bosh - Toronto
12. David Lee - New York

The only teams IN THE EAST ONLY that don't have a better center are Indiana, New Jersey, and Washington.

Perk is 13th in the East in my book. All of the above centers are much more intelligent. They may not get as many blocks as Perk, but they are much more productive as a whole, and they aren't completely retarded either.

If you throw the West center into that list, he would probably be 25th because the West has much better centers than the East.

So don't even ask if I watch basketball other than the Celtics. I follow the NBA allllll season long. I don't know why all of these people back up Perk. He is absolutely terrible. Don't even try to debate me on this issue because you will lose. The NBA is my forte, so just end this discussion now. Anybody with eyes can see that Perk is nothing compared to the rest of the centers in the league. The only reason Perk is semi-productive is because he plays with 3 of the best players in NBA history. It's the only reason why everybody else on the Celtics roster is doing so much better. If you stuck any of them on another team, without the guidance of the Big 3, many would be garbage.

The End.

Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Dani on Wed May 13, 2009 11:28 am

I'll give you Howard, Okafor, Bosh (even though he doesn't play center, he could and has on occasion), Z, and Horford (although at this point I'd say they're about even but Horford will turn out to be the better player.

How can you pick Jermaine O'Neal? The guy can't even stay on the court and hasn't done anything the past 3 years. We're talking about today, not 5 years ago. Even when he's been healthy lately hes been terrible.

Are you seriouse about Noah? You guys say Perk is prone to foul trouble, how about this guy? He can't even control himself on the court.

Samuel Dalembert is a solid player. Better defensively than Perk but he has no offense to his game. Not that Perk is a great offensevie player but he is better than Dalembert and so is his rebounding.

You talk about being pissed about Perk not reaching his potential so how can you put this guy on the list? Rasheed Wallace is one of the biggest underachievers ever! Maybe if the guy stopped smoking all that pot he would actually contribute to his team. He also gets a ton of technicals, way more than Perk. Good player in his day but clearly on the decline, all he does now is sit outside the 3 point line and jack up 3's.

Antonio McDyess, solid player who I'd probably say is even with Perk.

Bogut, a big fat white guy who can't guard anyone or get past anyone.

David Lee is a fun player to watch but he's not a center. He can play center in Mike's offense on the fast break but not in a half court game.

So Perk is a top 10 center in the east. I don't see why you guys hate him. Did you try to add him on facebook and then he rejected you and told you to go f**k yourself? Don't hate the guy because he didn't add you as a friend. Judge him on his play.

Dani
Academy Regular
Academy Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Tay Fish on Wed May 13, 2009 11:48 am

Jermaine O'Neal is a monster. I know is on the decline, but i would rather have him for the next couple of years than perk.

I am surprising myself, but i am serious about Noah. I absolutely HATE him, but he's a lot more versatile than perk.

I would rather have Sheed and his productivity along with all of the T's than Perk with his unproductivity and all of his ridiculous fouls and T's. And yes, Sheed has amazing range for a center. He is on the decline, but same argument as o'neal...he's got a couple years left.

bogut can be a great player. he is just stuck on a horrible team, which is ruining his career. stick him on the celts and he would be gold.

i understand your argument for d-lee. i don't know how he would fit in the celtics system, but if glen davis and leon powe are any indication of what undersized guys can do, then i would love d-lee on the celts.

overall there are many more options than having perk on the celts. if i want to win a championship i don't want a top 10 center in the EAST....i want a top 10 center in the ENTIRE LEAGUE at worst. a championship team needs even better than that. glen davis is doing so much more than perk right now and davis was given a snowball's chance in hell at having a good career. baby has stepped up in these playoffs with the absence of garnett, and he is just proving night in and night out that perk sucks.

Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Dani on Wed May 13, 2009 12:59 pm

You don't need a top 10 center in the league to win championships. You need a center who knows what his role is and who can execute that role whether it be rebounding, defense, or whatever it is. Perk does his job, he plays defense and rebounds. Look at the Bulls teams that won all those championships, they did it with centers who knew what their roles were and executed. He's a top 10 center in the East. Championship teams are about finding a core group of guys, 2 or 3 and then building around that core with role players who can execute their roll on a nightly basis.

Davis and Powe are undersized but can stay play PF, they just can't play center on a regular basis over an entire season.

O'Neal is done. He has no knees. He's not the explosive big man he once was.

Sheed is clearly better than Perk on offense but at this point in his career the guy doesn't guard (he probably just doesn't feel like it and feels it's easier to just yell at ref.'s).

Noah is versatile in the sense that he can play 3 different positions. The problem is that he isn't any good at any of them so his versatility really means nothing.

How is Davis stepping up prove that Perk sucks? All it proves is that he's a better offensive player.

Dani
Academy Regular
Academy Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Tay Fish on Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:50 am

so the NBA Draft is tonight and i really don't care about the Celts in this one...maybe thats because they only have ONE FREAKIN' PICK...and it's not til the 2nd round!

i have no idea who will be available for us to pick at that point because this draft is full of lots of projects to work on for the future...i just hope they can steal a good player that just slips through everybody's fingers.

Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3