Premiership Talk Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No Bulgaria for Grant

4 posters

Go down

No Bulgaria for Grant Empty No Bulgaria for Grant

Post by Tay Fish Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:13 pm

Apparently Avram Grant was planning on coaching the Bulgarian national team...BUT...his salary demands were too high for Bulgaria to meet. I can't say that I can see Grant coaching their national team.
Tay Fish
Tay Fish
Key Player
Key Player

Number of posts : 663
Goals : 2

Team Supported : Manchester United

http://www.premiershiptalk.com

Back to top Go down

No Bulgaria for Grant Empty Re: No Bulgaria for Grant

Post by Brian Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:05 pm

I think Grant is happy with his life at the moment...being a Setanta pundit every so often, and just collecting paychecks from all over the place.
Brian
Brian
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 566
Goals : 1

Team Supported : Manchester United

http://www.premiershiptalk.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackburnbob Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:12 am

I don't think he was ever great manager material, he just took Chelsea to 2nd with Mourinho's squad apart from Anelka, wasn't a difficult choice to sign him either as he was scoring like mad at the time
Blackburnbob
Blackburnbob
Key Player
Key Player

Number of posts : 650

Team Supported : Blackburn/Scarborough/Revs!!

Back to top Go down

Post by captcharisma22 Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:13 pm

@Blackburnbob:

Are you kidding me? Grant may have had his drawbacks but he was a great success at Chelsea...you can't ignore the fact that he took Chelsea to their first ever CL final and even with Drogba sent off, he led them to the PK's in the final. You can't blame him for his side's PK defeat.

As for the second-place in the prem, you have to give him credit exactly for what you accuse him: "he just took Mourinho's squad". Well, that squad was playing like s**t and was in 4th when Grant took over and led them to 2nd place without Terry and Lampard for such a big part of the season. As an Arsenal fan, I had another reason to hate Chelsea and their cockiness when they fired a manager who was actually working hard and never getting credit for his work at Stamford Bridge.

captcharisma22
Youth Trainee
Youth Trainee

Number of posts : 16
Goals : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackburnbob Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:56 pm

Was also the same squad that on paper should have won, how many times did he need to be slated for playing the wrong formation for the team? Still after months and months of everyone saying stop playing 4-5-1 he still carried on. He needs something smaller first off, championship team with a half decent budget would be a good test, throwing him into international or premier league side is far too much, especially as he won't have the money club wise he did with Chelsea, on a human being level i much prefer the guy to Mourinho, i actually quite like his attitude, Mourinho i think is a complete **** but a good manager.
Blackburnbob
Blackburnbob
Key Player
Key Player

Number of posts : 650

Team Supported : Blackburn/Scarborough/Revs!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum