Premiership Talk Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tottenham Sign David Bentley

2 posters

Go down

Tottenham Sign David Bentley Empty Tottenham Sign David Bentley

Post by Brian Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:37 am

What do you lot think?

Blackburn sure are going to miss him.
Brian
Brian
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 566
Goals : 1

Team Supported : Manchester United

http://www.premiershiptalk.com

Back to top Go down

Tottenham Sign David Bentley Empty Re: Tottenham Sign David Bentley

Post by John Pini Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:54 am

I dunno, I mean like I said I think to you Brian, and Joe you can answer this too: is Tottenham really considered a step up from Blackburn? I know Blackburn finished ahead of them last season, and for all Bentley's early mumblings about wanting to play in European competition, it seems weird to me that he would welcome a transfer to Tottenham.

I'm still a novice Prem follower though, anybody have an answer to this?

John Pini
Academy Regular
Academy Regular

Number of posts : 50
Goals : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:31 am

Yes, John, it was me that you left that message for. Sorry I didn't reply yet, but here's my reply:

Tottenham - in my eyes at least - is a massive step up from Blackburn. While it may not appear that way in the table, I think players share my view that Tottenham is the next huge club in England. With money to spend, a squad that is already fantastic around the pitch, and a good manager in Juande Ramos, Spurs should be challenging for fourth this year.

Blackburn, on the other hand, have shown no real signs of improvement and are taking a huge gamble in Paul Ince. Bentley must have taken a good look around Ewood Park and realized that not many world-class players are even being linked to the club. Tottenham, meanwhile, have attracted the likes of Luka Modric and Gio dos Santos - two of the most talented youngsters on the planet.
Brian
Brian
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 566
Goals : 1

Team Supported : Manchester United

http://www.premiershiptalk.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content