Premiership Talk Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Green Street Hooligans

5 posters

Go down

Green Street Hooligans Empty Green Street Hooligans

Post by awhitmore Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:39 am

What do you all think of the movie Green Street Hooligans?

I am relatively new fan of the Premier Leauge, and GSH was one of the original things that got me interested along with some friends who enjoy the Prem and by playing a lot of Fifa 09. I love the movie because there is football, fighting, and British jargon/slang. Elija Wood plays sort of a weak main role, but I'd like to think that it is just his character and not his performance that is lacking heart.

I really admired the passion that all of the football fans share in England. I would like to share that sort of enthusiasm about a Prem team sometime. The movie got me really jacked up to a) watch soccer and b) kick someone's ass. I get the feeling each time I watch it.
awhitmore
awhitmore
Youth Trainee
Youth Trainee

Number of posts : 3
Goals : 0

Team Supported : Haven't decided yet!

Back to top Go down

Green Street Hooligans Empty Re: Green Street Hooligans

Post by Tay Fish Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:47 am

Ya Green Street Hooligans is a FANTASTIC movie! I watched for the first time last year, and i absolutely loved it!

You don't have to worry about narrowing down you Prem love to one team though. Although I love Manchester United most of all, I also love Everton and Aston Villa. You would probably like Fulham because they have been dubbed "Team USA" because they are known for giving Americans a shot in the Prem, most notably Brian McBride and Clint Dempsey.
Tay Fish
Tay Fish
Key Player
Key Player

Number of posts : 663
Goals : 2

Team Supported : Manchester United

http://www.premiershiptalk.com

Back to top Go down

Post by awhitmore Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:05 am

That's a good point- I don't think I'll limit myself to being a big fan of just one team. I actually support West Ham because of Green Street Hooligans hahah. My roommate likes Arsenal because they used to have Henry and he likes their style of play. I just want to have a legitimate reason for liking a specific team other than watching a movie, liking them because they're successful, or being attracted to the teams colors hahah. Hopefully, someday in my life, I'll have a chance to go to England and see a game. A good friend of mine just went to watch Chelsea at Man U in the beginning of January. He said he was like a kid in a candy store- I'm jealous he's gotten to experience that.
awhitmore
awhitmore
Youth Trainee
Youth Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post by Tay Fish Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:43 am

Well I am extremely jealous that your friend got to go to Chelsea v. Man U. I would love to go over to England to watch a match. The MLS is nothing compared to the Prem. West Ham is a solid team to support. They are doing very well this year, and they have the potential to make it into the UEFA Cup for next season.

I can almost guarantee that you would love Everton or Aston Villa. Everton is a solid team. They always play well against the big clubs, and they always come out swinging. People say they play too much defense, but defense wins championships right? They are currently on a ridiculous unbeaten streak (knock on wood) given they aren't expected to be as dominant as a big club like Chelsea or Arsenal or Liverpool or Man United.

Villa meanwhile are super fast and they are flashy. Their pace in unbelievable, and it is one of the reasons that they are in 3rd place right now. Nobody can keep up with them and they just wear teams out for all 90 minutes.

So those are my starting suggestions, but check out all the teams because they all have good things about them, so keep an open mind and have fun with it buddy!!
Tay Fish
Tay Fish
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackburnbob Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:11 am

You should watch I.D that is an awesome slightly older film about football voilence etc great film, some people also like Football Factory too, with Vinnie Jones in, I.D. is the one for me though, GSH was alright though
Blackburnbob
Blackburnbob
Key Player
Key Player

Number of posts : 650

Team Supported : Blackburn/Scarborough/Revs!!

Back to top Go down

Post by j6pini Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:24 pm

In response to this thread I watched GSH late last night when I should have been sleeping. Awesome movie. And I really liked Elijah Wood in it.

j6pini
Rotation Player
Rotation Player

Number of posts : 270

Back to top Go down

Post by Tay Fish Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:36 pm

Hahaha...you would Pini...yes it is a fantastic movie though!
Tay Fish
Tay Fish
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by awhitmore Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:54 am

Hahah yeah the first time I watched it was late at night, from around midnight until past two, and I had work at 7:30. I couldn't take my eyes off it, and I thought about it literally all the next day. It didn't help that I had just come from training muay thai (Thai kickboxing), so I was really amped up to fight.

I'll have to check out I.D. It sounds very interesting.
awhitmore
awhitmore
Youth Trainee
Youth Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post by Tay Fish Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:05 am

ya i've never heard of I.D., so i guess i'll have to get on that and watch it soon.
Tay Fish
Tay Fish
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by j6pini Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:38 pm

I just watched I.D. yesterday. Hard to say which is better between ID and GSH; they are much different in their driving themes, plus ID deals with a lower league team (Championship I believe) and therefore shows a dimension of the culture that I don't think Americans see who tend to only follow the Premier League.

j6pini
Rotation Player
Rotation Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:42 pm

pini, where'd you watch ID? I'd love to watch it sometime.
Brian
Brian
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 566
Goals : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by j6pini Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:47 pm

I found it on just about the last place I looked out of about 3 or 4: Youtube. It's under "I.D 1 of 10" etc.

j6pini
Rotation Player
Rotation Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackburnbob Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:53 pm

I.D. is complete make-believe, Chadwell Town doesn't exist at all mate lol It is meant to be slightly lower league stuff though
Blackburnbob
Blackburnbob
Key Player
Key Player

Number of posts : 650

Team Supported : Blackburn/Scarborough/Revs!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum