Premiership Talk Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bruce cleared to talk with Sunderland

4 posters

Go down

Bruce cleared to talk with Sunderland Empty Bruce cleared to talk with Sunderland

Post by Blackburnbob Wed May 27, 2009 5:36 am

Apparently Steve Bruce is talking with Sunderland about their "empty seat". Good move? I don't think so, but a couple of factors i think may have brought this on, Bruce admitted he is going to struggle keeping his star players at Wigan like Valencia etc and he may have a better budget at Sunderland. Sunderland have a half decent team on paper though so maybe Bruce can bring in the Allardyce factor and bring them to where they should be playing.
Blackburnbob
Blackburnbob
Key Player
Key Player

Number of posts : 650
Goals : 2

Team Supported : Blackburn/Scarborough/Revs!!

Back to top Go down

Bruce cleared to talk with Sunderland Empty Re: Bruce cleared to talk with Sunderland

Post by Tay Fish Wed May 27, 2009 5:22 pm

i would go to sunderland if i was bruce. wigan were terrible over the 2nd half. i don't know how they stayed so high on the table. the seemed to be at the bottom of the form table for soooo long toward the end of the season. i would much rather be managing sunderland based on the fact that i would have cisse, richardson, and jones in my squad (assuming they stay).

wigan is just a boring team anyway. i look forward to watching sunderland matches even though they don't always show up on the pitch.
Tay Fish
Tay Fish
Key Player
Key Player

Number of posts : 663

Team Supported : Manchester United

http://www.premiershiptalk.com

Back to top Go down

Bruce cleared to talk with Sunderland Empty Re: Bruce cleared to talk with Sunderland

Post by Brian Wed May 27, 2009 9:04 pm

If I'm Steve Bruce, I'm off to Sunderland.
Brian
Brian
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 566
Goals : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Tay Fish Thu May 28, 2009 6:23 am

YES! Finally my crazy opinions get backed for once!! haha
Tay Fish
Tay Fish
Key Player
Key Player

Number of posts : 663

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackburnbob Thu May 28, 2009 8:35 am

Cisse isn't staying as far as i'm aware, Sunderland don't fancy doing the buy option at the end of his loan period, apparentyl Spurs are interested though, because they don't have enough strikers..........
Blackburnbob
Blackburnbob
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by j6pini Thu May 28, 2009 12:20 pm

Here's a question I'm sure everyone can answer but I just don't know: is Bruce's contract up, or is he just jumping ship (allegedly) the way Redknapp did midseason this year?

j6pini
Rotation Player
Rotation Player

Number of posts : 270
Goals : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackburnbob Thu May 28, 2009 1:40 pm

Well if he does go for it, apparently Wigan have agree'd some kind of settlement fee for 3-4 million
Blackburnbob
Blackburnbob
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by j6pini Sat May 30, 2009 2:19 am

Maybe it's just a foreign concept to me, as an American. How a manager can shamelessly leave his club for a slightly better one elsewhere (we're not talking about a big 4 move, I don't care how "big" Sunderland FC is), citing no reason except a more lucrative or otherwise attractive deal is beyond me. I especially didn't grasp it this season when Redknapp just left Portsmouth after a few weeks for the Tottenham job just because Tottenham was "a better job." Obviously it's just the way it is in England, and I'm sure in most countries other than the US, but I just find it really disrespectful. Call me crazy.

j6pini
Rotation Player
Rotation Player

Number of posts : 270
Goals : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackburnbob Sat May 30, 2009 4:11 am

Na i'm with you too JP, players too, Santa Cruz is number 1 suspect for me, comes to Rovers has great season, soon as there is more money involved he goes public about not wanting to be with us anymore, Bentley too, so players and managers all after the paper. Some managers are genuine though i believe, Shearer for one, he went there because he loves Newcastle so credit to him for that
Blackburnbob
Blackburnbob
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackburnbob Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:16 am

Sunderland have moved a step closer to appointing Steve Bruce as their next manager after a compensation package was agreed with Wigan.
Blackburnbob
Blackburnbob
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackburnbob Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:57 pm

Confirmed he is now Sunderland boss
Blackburnbob
Blackburnbob
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down