Premiership Talk Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Madrid

5 posters

Go down

Real Madrid Empty Real Madrid

Post by j6pini Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:50 pm

I think it's time someone opens up a section just for Real Madrid. I just read an article with quotes from Pellegrini, saying RM "will play in three championships next year and should not leave any one of them aside" (link below). It just really boils my blood if you know what I mean. RM isn't getting enough attention so their new manager, who hasnt managed a single game there, goes to the press claiming the team will compete for all 3 trophies...we-must-steal-spotlight-away-from-barca-and-not-mention-that-they-deserved-to-win-the-treble. I know he didn't say that explicitly, but the message Pellegrini and Perez are sending is that Real Madrid ought to be the undesputed best team in the world, as if it's their birthright.

I for one don't think they will win the league next year, or either El Classico game. I don't care who they bring in, unless they get a down-and-dirty-yet-great-at-reading-the-game player like Mascherano, Xavi will rule the midfield no matter who they play against. Madrid may be bringing in all these great players, but Barca already have them! Plus, they're a well-oiled machine, have played together for a year, some of them for over a decade since they were 13 and 14 years old. Madrid's bringing in a bunch of players who have never played together and are playing in a new country not to mention club. Plus, their defense needs serious work, which so far they are in the negatives this summer as far as transfers go, and we haven't heard about any new defenders they're going after (please no Bosingwa).

My money is still on Barca, and it will be until the season starts and Madrid show me they're as good as the sum of their parts.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11827_5376351,00.html

j6pini
Rotation Player
Rotation Player

Number of posts : 270
Goals : 0

Back to top Go down

Real Madrid Empty Re: Real Madrid

Post by Dani Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:11 pm

Of course they think they deserve to be the Champions. They're Real Madrid. It doesn't matter what happens, they always think they are the best. Obviously it's not true but that's what they think. Real Madrid wants the spotlight on them at all times. They can't stand anyone else being in it.

Still a long time to go in regards to the transfer market so I'll hold out on a preditcion until August.

Dani
Academy Regular
Academy Regular

Number of posts : 103

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:48 pm

If Real Madrid don't win either the Champions League or La Liga this upcoming season then they should be stripped of all their assets. That would be embarrassing.
Brian
Brian
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 566
Goals : 1

Team Supported : Manchester United

http://www.premiershiptalk.com

Back to top Go down

Post by j6pini Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:11 pm

Plus Karim Benzema. Please destroy them Barca.

j6pini
Rotation Player
Rotation Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:28 pm

Real Madrid look absolutely dominant. Wow.
Brian
Brian
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dani Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:56 pm

I don't see why people are hyping Benzema up so much. I think Real Madrid overpaid for him. He'll probably do well just by default, playing with those great players.

Real Madrid certainly looks like the favorites right now but I'm going to wait till early August before I comment on the leagues.

Dani
Academy Regular
Academy Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackburnbob Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:10 am

RM lookign like the Man City of Spain, although they were a better than City to start with, but the cash flashing to "buy" a trophy winning team. Didn't work for Chelsea straight away don't think it will for these 2 either.......i hope.... lol
Blackburnbob
Blackburnbob
Key Player
Key Player

Number of posts : 650
Goals : 2

Team Supported : Blackburn/Scarborough/Revs!!

Back to top Go down

Post by j6pini Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:31 am

I'm just imagining the outcry from the fans if they lose the league to Barca and don't win CL...I really want that to happen haha. They've already sort of taken all the pressure from Barca for winning this season, and heaped it on themselves. Now it seems that the majority of people agree la liga is theirs to lose (I have to be clear I don't include myself in this party; I still think Barcelona will win the league and both Classicos again).

j6pini
Rotation Player
Rotation Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:05 pm

In typical Real Madrid fashion, Ronaldo's unveiling today is more like a zoo than anything else. This club is a bit over the top.
Brian
Brian
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dani Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:35 pm

Check out this article from yahoo soccer

http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news?slug=afp-fblespporengprronaldo&prov=afp&type=lgns

It states that Esuebio is a former Real great. Only problem is he never played for Real. What a joke. Articles like this are just plain embarassing. At least do a little fact checking before publishing something.

Dani
Academy Regular
Academy Regular

Back to top Go down

Post by Alfred Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:49 am

So had a so-so debut today. Thoughts? Did anyone watch it? I've heard some pretty disappointing things, although it's only natural they don't work as a team yet.

Alfred
Youth Trainee
Youth Trainee

Number of posts : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down