Premiership Talk Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aston Villa

4 posters

Go down

Aston Villa Empty Aston Villa

Post by Brian Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:51 pm

Great result and great display against Liverpool at Anfield. Is Villa back to form or is this just a good blip that glosses over their problems?

Honestly, I'm not too convinced with their defense. Watching this match against Liverpool, their defense is not capable of starting counterattacks as their distribution from the back is just not good. Ashley Young is a quality player, though, and Reo Coker is tough as nails in the middle.

Up top they're not all that solid, either. Agbonlahor still hasn't convinced me, Carew is always hurt, and Heskey needs a good strike partner.

Mind you, they played really well against 'Pool and got a huge result.
Brian
Brian
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 566
Goals : 1

Team Supported : Manchester United

http://www.premiershiptalk.com

Back to top Go down

Aston Villa Empty Re: Aston Villa

Post by Brian Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:52 pm

Just wanted to add that I don't think they'll be up challenging the top four this season. I think they'll fall behind Manchester City, Tottenham, and Everton.
Brian
Brian
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 566
Goals : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:08 pm

Yeh i'm not sure it was how well that Villa played, but maybe more how bad Liverpool were, both defensively and in front of goal. Honestly the phrase "couldn't score in a brothel" comes to mind.

That being said, what Gerrard was thinking, i'll never know. Absolutely ridiculous thing to do when Torres had just scored.
Andy
Andy
Rotation Player
Rotation Player

Number of posts : 251
Goals : 3

Team Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Tay Fish Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:34 pm

Hahaha! "Couldn't score in a brothel" That is classic!!

Huge win for Villa! Way to go Ashley Young and Company!!
Tay Fish
Tay Fish
Key Player
Key Player

Number of posts : 663
Goals : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by j6pini Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:34 pm

Can't believe this game. They looked so good until the Lucas goal...the only thing missing was finishing, and maybe general play in the final third. I've said all along that Lucas's replacement of Alonso was a horrible decision. When Voronin came in today, he played very well. He knows where to position himself all the time, running off the ball both laterally and forward to cause Villa's defense problems...the guy can flat out handle himself. Lucas never looks sure about where he ought to be on the field at any time, and he makes too many stupid mistakes.

j6pini
Rotation Player
Rotation Player

Number of posts : 270
Goals : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down