Premiership Talk Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Benitez has lost it

4 posters

Go down

Benitez has lost it Empty Benitez has lost it

Post by Brian Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:50 pm

Yet another press conference today about United. And it's not just like he is answering the questions thrown at him, he is coming with pieces of paper prepared.

Today he even said he knows Fergie is cracking under the pressure because "when you are talking too much about another team it shows you are under pressure." Ummm, Rafa, it's just you talking about United everyday.

Brian
Brian
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 566
Goals : 1

Team Supported : Manchester United

http://www.premiershiptalk.com

Back to top Go down

Benitez has lost it Empty Re: Benitez has lost it

Post by Tay Fish Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:08 pm

Rafa has been un poco loco lately. The title chase and pressure are clearly getting to him...just another reason why Liverpool might finish off the season un poco sloppy.
Tay Fish
Tay Fish
Key Player
Key Player

Number of posts : 663
Goals : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by j6pini Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:02 pm

HAHAH omg what a video. Even the original was funny, the real one. At the end of it someone asked him if he thought of all that stuff on a whim or had been thinking about it for a while; I got the feeling he was mocking Benitez because he had this carefully assembled list that he read from and sounded SO rehearsed.

If any of you haven't seen the original, please do, it's prob still on skysports.com or at least you can prob search for it.

j6pini
Rotation Player
Rotation Player

Number of posts : 270
Goals : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by j6pini Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:09 pm

p.s. Though I am rooting for Liverpool to win the Prem, I have to admit Sir Alex has better press conferences, so it was nice to see this entertaining one out of Benitez.

Where do you all think this one stands compared to Fergie's "I wouldn't sell them a virus" quote? I lol! ed during both.

j6pini
Rotation Player
Rotation Player

Number of posts : 270

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:01 am

See, Fergie has good press conferences because he has that typical British humor. Rafa's press conference was hilarious for the sheer insanity of it. Who premeditates an attack on another manager on a folded up piece of paper?

And, while we're at it, Jose Mourinho has the best press conferences. "Pressure? What is pressure? Bird flu is pressure, not football"
Brian
Brian
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 566
Goals : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Dani Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:14 am

I thought it was pretty entertaining.

I agree, Mourinho has the best press conferences. Back when he was managing Porto they had a game at Maritimo, which is always a tough place to play. The game ended in a tie and at the press conference some journalist goes "are you upset you lost 2 points tonight?"
Mourinho: "We didn't lose 2 points, we earned 1 point. Go check the standings, we now have 1 more point than what we started the day with, we are not 2 points below from where we started the day" He was pretty pissed about the question, good ole Mourinho haha.

Dani
Academy Regular
Academy Regular

Number of posts : 103

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down