Premiership Talk Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

West Ham

3 posters

Go down

West Ham Empty West Ham

Post by j6pini Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:06 pm

I was just looking over today's results and it ocurred to me that I couldn't remember the last time West Ham lost a game. So I looked it up and realized that they have put together a nifty 6 game unbeaten streak. They have also drawn Arsenal, Liverpool, and Chelsea in the last two months, and they're sitting in 8th place at the moment. I just feel like they haven't gotten much media attention this season except for the appointment of Zola and the Bellamy transfer, yet have quietly put together a fine season. Is this team going to be a top of the table team come the end of the season? (My guess is yes, they will finish around 8th, where they are now.)

j6pini
Rotation Player
Rotation Player

Number of posts : 270
Goals : 0

Back to top Go down

West Ham Empty Re: West Ham

Post by Blackburnbob Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:11 am

Yeah i think a top half table is do-able, look at the top half though, lot of suprises up there really Fulham, Wigan, West Ham all up there and playing reasonably well, above the likes of Rovers, Spurs, Newcastle who you would have though would all be top half'ers
Blackburnbob
Blackburnbob
Key Player
Key Player

Number of posts : 650
Goals : 2

Team Supported : Blackburn/Scarborough/Revs!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tay Fish Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:52 am

Ya I agree with both of you. After looking at the table and taking into consideration how well they have been playing, i definitely see them sticking around in the top half for the rest of the season. Nothing is showing me otherwise.
Tay Fish
Tay Fish
Key Player
Key Player

Number of posts : 663

Team Supported : Manchester United

http://www.premiershiptalk.com

Back to top Go down

Post by j6pini Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:31 pm

I just thought of something. So far a lot of people have mentioned players for the best signing of the season, but what about Gianfranco Zola? He has been the most major change to this team since last season (and a manager change is usually the biggest change you CAN make at a club, especially considering that each one comes with his own team of coaches), and when people were predicting relegation for West Ham as late as the first couple weeks of the season, he was not yet at the club.

Anyone?

j6pini
Rotation Player
Rotation Player

Number of posts : 270
Goals : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackburnbob Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:19 am

He is doing ok right enough, give him the summer window see what he does next season, thats the tell time when you have made your own squad, as Hughes has done in 6 months....
Blackburnbob
Blackburnbob
Key Player
Key Player

Number of posts : 650

Team Supported : Blackburn/Scarborough/Revs!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down