Premiership Talk Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bosingwa incident

5 posters

Go down

Bosingwa incident Empty Bosingwa incident

Post by captcharisma22 Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:17 pm

I read Brian's article about the whole Bosingwa incident and I agree with his perspective as a football fan, but I could tell that his view of the incident as a Manchester United fan was slightly biased to say the least. I can't stand it when Chelsea players misbehave and yesterday was no different when Bosingwa vented out his frustration in an unacceptable manner.

Yet, I refuse to concede that Chelsea always get away with what they do. Brian mentioned how the likes of Terry have gotten away from punishments that are really tough to overcome but indirectly, the officials have done some damage to Chelsea all the time. Like Brian said, Lampard won the ball and Alonso fell right on top of him in a desperate attempt to win the ball back and rather than the referee giving a free-kick to Chelsea, he sends off their main guy? As a football fan, that was actually the point where the game started disappointing me...and then of course the Bosingwa incident didn't help.

Another incident where Chelsea were harshly undone was at Old Trafford when the very same Wayne Rooney Brian endorses got into the face of the official at least three times and still no action was taken against him. Granted that Chelsea were completely disappointing both at Old Trafford and Anfield but you cannot overlook the injustice they suffered and sympathize with a team like Manchester United that is favored all the time. With that being said, I feel this is more of an objective view because I am an Arsenal fan and not once did I mention my team in this argument.

captcharisma22
Youth Trainee
Youth Trainee

Number of posts : 16
Goals : 0

Back to top Go down

Bosingwa incident Empty Re: Bosingwa incident

Post by Brian Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:18 pm

Yes, we should choose not to talk about Arsenal's diving tendency, with your very own Carlos Vela getting carded for it this past weekend.

And John Terry defies the rules of the game. You can't get two yellow cards rescinded, and he did. The FA clearly bent the rules.

And yes, Rooney is a hothead, and I don't say he's not, which is why I compared him to Bosingwa's outlash. But at times he too is victimized. Look no further than his ban from the FA following a preseason red card. Gerrard and Carragher BOTH received reds in the SAME preseason tournament, and NOTHING came from that.
Brian
Brian
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 566
Goals : 1

Team Supported : Manchester United

http://www.premiershiptalk.com

Back to top Go down

Post by captcharisma22 Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:09 pm

Well, the point of my argument was not to nullify the favoritism of the FA towards JT on that occasion nor was it to nullify the yellow card received by Carlos Vela for the alleged dive. The purpose was to point out that your article generated a lot of sympathy for United, which is natural coming from you. But from a neutral perspective, not one fan could argue about which teams gets MOST preferential treatment from the FA - and that is Manchester United.

Yes, you guys will most likely win the title and you are good for it, but just win it with some class rather than raising fingers on every single issue left and right...leave that to guys like Rafa and Fergie. Now to your accusation of Arsenal as a diving team - that's quite harsh to be honest.

I know guys like Hleb and Vela have gone down a little too easily on occasion but like Crynaldo who has set this trend, they are foreign lads who are struggling to cope with the physicality of this league. You should rather put this accusation on someone like Steven Gerrard, who was also notably booked for a deliberate dive against Chelsea despite having played in this league for years now.

captcharisma22
Youth Trainee
Youth Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post by Tay Fish Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:23 pm

I'm not even gonna jump into this argument...this argument is getting heated even quicker than the Celtics thread!
Tay Fish
Tay Fish
Key Player
Key Player

Number of posts : 663
Goals : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:43 pm

I'm not sure how you can possibly say my article is looking for sympathy towards United. All I said about United was that we've seen Rooney get suspended for silly things, and if Rooney did what Bosingwa did then he would be getting scolded. That's all I said about United. I know as well as Rooney does that he is a hothead, and he has received many correct red cards because of it.

And United gets the most preferential treatment from the FA? You're having a laugh! Ever since the Busby Babe days we have gotten shafted by the FA. Even after the Munich incident we couldn't get our next match postponed! It's ludicrous! We've seen players suspended due to preseason reds (Rooney and Scholes in particular), we've played EVERY match away following a CL game this season, and so much more. Remember Rio's ban for missing a drug test, but testing negative hours later? Yeah, he was banned for longer than players who tested POSITIVE for drugs! With all of that said, we keep moving from success to success. But that's not the issue here...

And I am not pointing fingers at all. I simply stated Bosingwa's actions are embarrassing to the league, to fans, to Chelsea, and to the FA. What he did is INEXCUSABLE and I can't believe you can't admit the FA are wrong. Look at the video - CHELSEA ENDED UP BEING REWARDED WITH THE BALL! This is the most outrageous judgment since Ben Thatcher's inexplicable elbow against Pedro Mendes.

If I was Yossi Benayoun, Rafa Benitez, or Liverpool fans I'd be going mad.

And the diving argument is entirely different, I just felt like mentioning Arsenal isn't perfect either. Haha
Brian
Brian
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:44 pm

And, just to point out one more time: my mentioning of United came because I compared Rooney to Bosingwa's actions. I did this because I know Rooney is a loose cannon.

I didn't say "imagine if Michael Carrick did this" because I know he wouldn't. There was no United spin, and in fact it was showing that United are susceptible to this as well.
Brian
Brian
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackburnbob Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:45 pm

Pass!
Blackburnbob
Blackburnbob
Key Player
Key Player

Number of posts : 650

Team Supported : Blackburn/Scarborough/Revs!!

Back to top Go down

Post by captcharisma22 Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:37 pm

Don't get me wrong - your article raised a great issue and I fully SUPPORTED IT...read my previous posts clearly because I accuse Bosingwa more than anyone else on this one...I even concede that Chelsea have lacked discipline on all occasions you mention...but like I said, even they get shafted like you feel United does...ask their fans and they will tell you those occasions (Lampard sending off was outrageous, for example).

So everybody loves their team and feels that the FA has been shafting them around...like when Arsene and Rafa accused the FA of giving United preferential treatment on the fixture list, I agreed because that is true in the bigger picture...your point about returning from champions league to play away all the time is okay but then again, last season when we started slipping out of the title race, we suffered that exact fixture problem more than any other club and that was one of the many reasons we lost the title. This is not the time to make excuses though because that will shift focus away from the main issue. The main issue is that Bosingwa did something wrong and deserved to be reprimanded, which didn't happen...your analysis in this issue is great but you cannot conclude that Chelsea are favored more by the FA than United are just based on this one incident.

And Taylor, jump in to this argument man because I thought arguments like this are what make Premtalk what it is!

captcharisma22
Youth Trainee
Youth Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:11 pm

Evra 4-0 Bosingwa...Evra got banned for FOUR MATCHES for an OFF THE FIELD incident. That's another incident.

HOW CAN BOSINGWA NOT GET SUSPENDED!?
Brian
Brian
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:15 pm

I saw this post on another forum, and figured it would fit in here:
This just got me all riled up again. The more I read about Evra's banning the worse it gets........

'The DVD evidence does not itself show whether or not Evra actually struck Bethell. Evra denies it but we accept Bethell`s evidence that he was struck on or near his right ear and it was clearly Evra who struck him.'

The above was part of the report that appeared on the FA's website after they decided to ban Patrice Evra for four games for an alleged attack on a Chelsea groundsman. The FA admitted they had no proof but believed the Chelsea man and banned Evra, questioning the honesty and integrity of the members of the United staff who had given testimony.

Mere weeks later Jose Bosingwa of Chelsea kicks Yossi Benayoun in the back in front of the linesman. Chelsea manager Luiz Felipe Scolari admitted it was worthy of a red card, Bosingwa apologised - everyone expected at least a three-game ban as it was such a classic case of violent conduct that even the FA can't find another angle.

Yet it seems they did. Clueless Mike Riley confirmed that his assistant Mo Matadar saw the incident (would have been difficult to miss, with a little bad luck it could have been his back which ends up sore) but decided to take no action.

So, the officials were aware of the incident but did not act. In terms of FIFA rules, it's game over, no retrospective action is possible. The moral of the story? Mundane things such as proof and rules are irrelevant for the English FA and its horrible referees. They handed out a four-match ban for an incident that's never been proved and took no further action after a disgraceful foul which was witnessed by millions all over the planet. Unbelievable.

http://www.manchesterunited.vitalfoo...e.asp?a=142085
Brian
Brian
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackburnbob Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:17 am

I haven't seen so can't comment at all, but this season the whole ref thing has been a bit crazy, i do agree Utd do seem to complain about an awful lot to see if it can get turned over or whatever, and at times it has looked like ref's have favoured Sir Alex as they know he will complain otherwise, i think this is the season to be crazy though, ref's gone mad, City's spending gone mad, the whole "lets buy someone then 6 months later send him back to where he came from" is pretty crazy too!
Blackburnbob
Blackburnbob
Key Player
Key Player

Number of posts : 650

Team Supported : Blackburn/Scarborough/Revs!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:51 pm

Maybe over the last few season there has been a slight tendancy for refs to look more favourable to Chelsea then the United. But United fans only shout about it because they have been getting there own way for years! For the most of the last decade countless decisions have gone United's way when rightfully they shouldn't. Ludacris penalties have been given at Old Trafford and lets not forget the time when Tottenham scored from 50yards only for the linesman to not see the ball cross the line by a yard before Carrol clawed it back! It has seemed like for years that refs indeed are scared of Fergie, because he does whine and whine and whine...
Andy
Andy
Rotation Player
Rotation Player

Number of posts : 251
Goals : 3

Team Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Tay Fish Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:53 pm

Andy what do you think about the Bosingwa incident though?
Tay Fish
Tay Fish
Key Player
Key Player

Number of posts : 663

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content