Premiership Talk Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tevez finally leaves United

5 posters

Go down

Tevez finally leaves United Empty Tevez finally leaves United

Post by Blackburnbob Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:52 pm

According to local radio, Tevez is a City player now........
Blackburnbob
Blackburnbob
Key Player
Key Player

Number of posts : 650
Goals : 2

Team Supported : Blackburn/Scarborough/Revs!!

Back to top Go down

Tevez finally leaves United Empty Re: Tevez finally leaves United

Post by Tay Fish Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:55 pm

WOW!!! i really thought he was going to say...awfully glad he is gone though...he is too inconsistent for my liking.
Tay Fish
Tay Fish
Key Player
Key Player

Number of posts : 663

Team Supported : Manchester United

http://www.premiershiptalk.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackburnbob Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:06 pm

Well it's not 100% it's from a local radio station so it may not be true, who knows? All part of the summer transfer soap opera!
Blackburnbob
Blackburnbob
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:34 pm

He'd be consistent if he played every match. You can't honestly say that Berbatov is better surely.
Andy
Andy
Rotation Player
Rotation Player

Number of posts : 251
Goals : 3

Team Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackburnbob Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:21 pm

No if i was united Berbs would have gone first
Blackburnbob
Blackburnbob
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by j6pini Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:24 pm

Well yeah but isn't Tevez a free agent and Berbatov still under contract? Granted, that doesn't mean they couldn't transfer Berbatov out and sign Tevez, but it does mean that clubs like Man City were free to bid on Tevez, so he was way too expensive for what Man United were willing to pay; meanwhile, they don't need to pay anything to keep Berbatov. That's my understanding at least.

I'm happy Tevez can at least play every day, but the onus is on City now to maintain some sort of club stability once they bring in all the big names they plan on signing. It's a good sign that they're sticking with Hughes.

Last edited by j6pini on Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:25 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling/grammar)

j6pini
Rotation Player
Rotation Player

Number of posts : 270
Goals : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Tay Fish Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:07 pm

i would take berbatov any day over tevez...the only things that i have ever seen tevez being good at is taking his first step backward and always annoying me lol...so thank god he's gone!!
Tay Fish
Tay Fish
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackburnbob Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:55 am

My comparison beetween the two in question:- Berbatov great finisher with skill, far too lazy though, only takes chances when they are at his feet, doesnt work, Tevez also not a bad finisher, could use some work on positioning, best thing about Tevez is his work rate he always works his ass off which for me if nothing else is a good reason, least he shows willingness.

Obviously the whole contract thing is what changes things, majority of people i spoke to though agree, should have been Berbs out and Tevez in
Blackburnbob
Blackburnbob
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Tay Fish Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:24 am

yes he does have the work rate going for him...and as a United fan i did fully appreciate for the last two seasons that i have been following them...but time and time again that work did not pay off...i guess i just have more of a connection to berbatov because he plays the same way i played (very laid back and just going about his business)...thats what i like so much about the guy and thats why i continue to back him up every time instead of tevez who just annoys the $*^#$% outta me hahaha
Tay Fish
Tay Fish
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by j6pini Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:36 pm

Tevez is the man. Berbatov is not. A team needs as many The Mans as it can get.

j6pini
Rotation Player
Rotation Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:48 pm

Tevez is like a little 12 year old boy that gets praised just because he runs around - regardless of whether or not he actually produces. If Tevez plays awful, everyone praises his work ethic. If he plays well, everyone praises him. I'd love to see him get that assist against West Ham that Berba had.
Brian
Brian
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 566
Goals : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:42 pm

Berbatov is too lazy, i would welcome a player like Tevez (Kuyt) at liverpool. I would take someone like Tevez over Berba any day of the week no questions asked.
Andy
Andy
Rotation Player
Rotation Player

Number of posts : 251
Goals : 3

Team Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackburnbob Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:27 am

I'm with Andy on this one, peopel seem to forget how much fo a goal machine Tevez has been, e.g. West Ham, the reason United bought him in the first place, but to be fair to Berbs and Tevez, neither have had a shot at playing week in week out, they need regular games, settle into a rythm, and its not just United doing this, lot of teams have so many players they are constanty rotating, cant be good for a team imo
Blackburnbob
Blackburnbob
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by j6pini Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:33 am

Hahaha Brian I love your description. To an extent that's true, but he has come in as a sub and scored some crucial goals, even at the end of last season. And the guy was one of the best forwards in South America for a few years before he went to West Ham, so I think he could be very good for City and I'm rooting for him.

Also, it's not just the work ethic that separates him from Berbatov, but the two players' general attitude. When Berbatov wanted to move on from Spurs, he made himself a cancer to the team, didn't even assert himself in the reserves...a few players at Spurs have said this since he left. Tevez would never make himself a liability to the team in order to put pressure on the team to trade him-- in fact he didn't, not with Man United or West Ham United. This is a guy who woke up at (what was it, 3 or 4 am?) to watch Boca Juniors when he played in England, rooting for his former club (I can't see Berbatov doing that). That to me is different than work ethic.

j6pini
Rotation Player
Rotation Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackburnbob Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:57 am

Yeah well said JP, couldn't have put it better!
Blackburnbob
Blackburnbob
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Tay Fish Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:55 pm

So I was talking with Brian last night we both came to the same conclusion as to why all you guys are backing Tevez whereas we are backing Berby.

Brian and I both watch all the United games from start to finish (ok i've missed a few but that's beside the point)...i'm guessing you guys don't do the same since you support other teams. we see every aspect of tevez whereas you lot only see the highlights (i.e. tevez scoring/being productive)...these highlights don't occur often throughout the season with tevez...there is much more that is wrong with his game than right.

if he was consistent i would love him on the team...but he is bad on a more consistent basis, which just doesn't sit well with me.
Tay Fish
Tay Fish
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackburnbob Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:04 pm

Could well be, but Berbatov is guilty of exactly the same, he just seems to have no drive, only wants the ball if its at his feet, as JP said earlier that business with Spurs when he was leaving was typical Berbs. Everyone i have spoke to about this all say the same though should have kept Tevez instead. Lot of my buds are Pool supporters, they all really wanted Tevez and wouldn't take Berbs, open debate down to opinions for sure, for me though I would take Tevez if i was managing.

Englands performace against Kazakhstan pretty much summed up how i think Berbs is, yeah they got the goals and won, but it was very unconvincing and not one of those boys looked like he wanted to be playing. But they got the result so what can you say?

As a side note, Andorra tonight Caps is playing the oldies, why the hell doesn't he try the young guns, Davies, Gabby, Young etc who actually want to play! Give them a shot and make the auto-picks like Terry,Rooney etc work for their place in the squad!

That's my little ramble for now, UP THE ROVERS!! lmao
Blackburnbob
Blackburnbob
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by j6pini Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:29 am

I watch a lot of entire Man United games, and I've seen both players be completely ineffective and peripheral for 80 minutes at a time. My main thing is (a) I like Tevez and I don't like Berbatov, and I think my last point about the players' different attitudes holds water. And (b) I also think Tevez's tendency to score crucial goals late in games is worth something extra. Berbatov hasn't pulled the team out of the mud like that, and I can't remember a really important goal from him in a couple months.

I agree Tevez is inconsistent, especially when he gets too out of control and loses his first touch. But maybe that's a result of not getting a whole lot of playing time and feeling a need to prove himself. You know, maybe he gives 110% effort and does too much aimless running. Just a thought, because he's much more controlled when he plays for Argentina.

j6pini
Rotation Player
Rotation Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down