Premiership Talk Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum improvements and additions

3 posters

Go down

Forum improvements and additions Empty Forum improvements and additions

Post by Brian Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:30 pm

As the Premiership Talk Forum continues to grow at a slow but steady pace, today we are pleased to announce two improvements/additions to the forum.

New Reputation System
The most relevant addition to the forum is the new reputation system. While our members have been competing based on post counts for some time now, the addition of the reputation system should add more excitement and competitiveness amongst fans. Instead of being rewarded simply based on quantity, the forum will now reward members for quality posts.

Each reputation point is defined as a "goal" in the forum. Members give goals to fellow posters to reward good or helpful posts. Additionally, if there is an inflammatory or bad post, members can take goals away from the poster. From time to time the leading goalscorers on the forum will be entered into exclusive competitions as well as other benefits.

To give out goals (or take them away), simply use the + and - buttons next to the post that you are referencing. As expected, a + will reward the poster with a goal while clicking - will take a goal away.

To keep the integrity of these goals, members will be limited to giving out/taking away 10 goals a day. Any votes placed past your limit of 10 in one day will not count.

Reporting Posts
With the forum's growth comes some of the less attractive side-effects. One of the problems that we have faced in the past few weeks has been excessive spammers, links, and off topic posts. While we do our best to moderate and/or remove these posts, we cannot play the role of the police all of the time.

As such, we have added a feature that allows all members to report posts. If you come across a post that is offensive, off topic, or spamming, you can now click the Report button. The Report button looks like this: Forum improvements and additions Icon_post_report

We appreciate your feedback on these improvements, and, as always, suggestions for future improvements. See you in the forums!
Brian
Brian
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 566
Goals : 1

Team Supported : Manchester United

http://www.premiershiptalk.com

Back to top Go down

Forum improvements and additions Empty Re: Forum improvements and additions

Post by Tay Fish Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:12 pm

I can't wait to score my first hat-trick!

And yes, spammers are extremely annoying, so please help to get rid of them!
Tay Fish
Tay Fish
Key Player
Key Player

Number of posts : 663
Goals : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:07 pm

Don't you think we should change the graph detailing number of posts to one that says number of goals instead? Also how do i find out what i've recieved goals for? I haven't got a clue. I never thought i was very helpful.. someones being very kind i think Razz
Andy
Andy
Rotation Player
Rotation Player

Number of posts : 251
Goals : 3

Team Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Tay Fish Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:54 pm

Andy wrote:Don't you think we should change the graph detailing number of posts to one that says number of goals instead? Also how do i find out what i've recieved goals for? I haven't got a clue. I never thought i was very helpful.. someones being very kind i think Razz

Great idea Andy! That is actually in the works. You beat us to the surprise haha.

In regards to finding out what you got goals for: All you have to do is look for a green bar on the right side of your post. That means that you got a goal for that post. If the bar is partly red or all red than it means that someone took a goal away from your post (i.e. they didn't like it).
Tay Fish
Tay Fish
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:21 pm

Yeh i got that, but i've got two goals right. And all i can find is one post that has a bar, and thats red. So where my greenies lol
Andy
Andy
Rotation Player
Rotation Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Tay Fish Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:47 pm

I have no idea...i guess you're just gonna have to hunt for the greenies hahaha
Tay Fish
Tay Fish
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:34 pm

Oooh, my bad. I just realized what Andy's on about.

Andy - during testing of this feature I inserted a "goal" button on each post that was coded wrong and resulted in the poster getting three "goals." One of your posts happened to be the first one I saw, so you were the one and only recipient of a coveted hat trick. haha. So consider that a testing error - that's the only reason you won't be able to find any greenies next to your posts. As for the red one - that was me as well, and also by accident during testing.
Brian
Brian
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 566
Goals : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:34 pm

Haha okay then fair enough

I feel so hounoured Very Happy lol
Andy
Andy
Rotation Player
Rotation Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:47 am

I've been away for a while; come back to find the PremiershipTalk homepage has been replaced by the SkySports homepage, what happened guys!?
Andy
Andy
Rotation Player
Rotation Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down