Premiership Talk Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

USA crash out of the Olympics

2 posters

Go down

USA crash out of the Olympics Empty USA crash out of the Olympics

Post by Brian Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:16 am

Extremely disappointing to see the US out of the Olympics. That last minute free kick by Holland was the nail in the coffin...we picked up too many yellow cards and were left stranded against Nigeria.
Brian
Brian
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 566
Goals : 1

Team Supported : Manchester United

http://www.premiershiptalk.com

Back to top Go down

USA crash out of the Olympics Empty Re: USA crash out of the Olympics

Post by John Pini Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:20 pm

I was planning on making a new thread on this game once it was over but I was just fuming about the game so much that I didn't want to talk about it. Now that it's been a few days, I'll say that my prediction that only Brazil would beat them would have rung true EVEN with Bradley and Adu out of the Nigeria game, if only that American I had never heard of didn't get a red card in the 3rd minute of the game. I can't believe that for such a rediculous individual mistake to put the team down to 10 men for virtually the entire game, we Americans now have to wait another 2 years till the World Cup to see USA in a major competition. ...especially after looking so good for 92 minutes in the Holland game...can't believe it

John Pini
Academy Regular
Academy Regular

Number of posts : 50
Goals : 0

Back to top Go down