Premiership Talk Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How many trophies will Man Utd win this season?

+2
Tay Fish
Brian
6 posters

Go down

How many trophies will United win this season?

How many trophies will Man Utd win this season? Vote_lcap15%How many trophies will Man Utd win this season? Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 4 ]
How many trophies will Man Utd win this season? Vote_lcap12%How many trophies will Man Utd win this season? Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 3 ]
How many trophies will Man Utd win this season? Vote_lcap19%How many trophies will Man Utd win this season? Vote_rcap 19% 
[ 5 ]
How many trophies will Man Utd win this season? Vote_lcap35%How many trophies will Man Utd win this season? Vote_rcap 35% 
[ 9 ]
How many trophies will Man Utd win this season? Vote_lcap19%How many trophies will Man Utd win this season? Vote_rcap 19% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 26

How many trophies will Man Utd win this season? Empty How many trophies will Man Utd win this season?

Post by Brian Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:02 am

With two already under their belts, how many trophies do you think United will win?

Already won: Community Shield, Club World Cup
In contention for: Premier League, Champions League, FA Cup, Carling Cup

Last edited by Brian on Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Brian
Brian
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 566
Goals : 1

Team Supported : Manchester United

http://www.premiershiptalk.com

Back to top Go down

How many trophies will Man Utd win this season? Empty Re: How many trophies will Man Utd win this season?

Post by Brian Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:15 am

My perception is perhaps a little red-tinted, but I'll be optimistic and go for four. They've already got two under their belts, and I think they'll win the CC. Other than that I think they'll take one out of the Prem, CL, and FAC.
Brian
Brian
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

How many trophies will Man Utd win this season? Empty Re: How many trophies will Man Utd win this season?

Post by Tay Fish Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:22 am

I'm going to say one right now. I can see the Carling Cup coming to Old Trafford, but they are playing horribly right now and if they want to win any bigger trophies they have to step up their game big time.
Tay Fish
Tay Fish
Key Player
Key Player

Number of posts : 663
Goals : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by j6pini Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:15 pm

I accidentally pressed the first one but I meant two more. Despite their loss in leg 1 vs Derby, they will win the Carling Cup. And then, yeah I guess I'm saying exactly what Brian's saying. Maybe after the next knock out tie in CL we can make better predictions, United, Pool and Chelsea all have huge ties.

j6pini
Rotation Player
Rotation Player

Number of posts : 270
Goals : 0

Back to top Go down

How many trophies will Man Utd win this season? Empty New Poll for Man United Trophies

Post by Tay Fish Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:36 pm

Now how many trophies do you think United will have at the end of the season? They have already won the World Club Cup and the Community Shield. The FA Cup, Carling Cup, Premier League Title, and Champions League are still up for grabs.
Tay Fish
Tay Fish
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:50 pm

I've gone for just the carling cup - they'll get a treble of mickey mouse cups
Andy
Andy
Rotation Player
Rotation Player

Number of posts : 251
Goals : 3

Team Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:57 pm

I've changed my vote from four to five. They've already got the Community Shield and World Club Cup, I think they'll take the Carling Cup, and two of the remaining three (Prem, CL, FAC). Probably the Prem and FA Cup.
Brian
Brian
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tay Fish Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:58 pm

I don't know what trophy they won't win, but it seems as though every trophy is theirs to lose right now. I picked that they would lose out on 1, so I went with 5 trophies. I know it's a steep order to fill, but I'm optimistic right now.
Tay Fish
Tay Fish
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotzyb Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:06 pm

They will win all six, no doubt about it! Evil or Very Mad
Cotzyb
Cotzyb
Youth Trainee
Youth Trainee

Number of posts : 39

Team Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackburnbob Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:24 am

carling fa and league, which makes me sick but true
Blackburnbob
Blackburnbob
Key Player
Key Player

Number of posts : 650

Team Supported : Blackburn/Scarborough/Revs!!

Back to top Go down

Post by j6pini Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:15 pm

I do still think they'll win the Carling. The league is probably theirs but NOT over. And they really should win the FA Cup considering how they steamroll teams even with only three regulars in the starting XI; BUT I'm hoping for sweet revenge at Craven Cottage next round. It's obvious what happened in the Fulham-United game midweek: Fulham was conserving their energy because they knew they'd need it in the FA Cup when they get to play United at home. Very Happy

j6pini
Rotation Player
Rotation Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Tay Fish Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:17 pm

That's an interesting point because the second the lineups came out i was wondering where andy johnson was. their lineup was questionable, but that theory certainly has some substance to it.
Tay Fish
Tay Fish
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Tay Fish Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:47 pm

Once the final whistle blows on Saturday we will know if one of the votes in the poll will be eliminated or not. Wink
Tay Fish
Tay Fish
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Tay Fish Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:57 pm

Another trophy in the bag for United. I knew the second that Gareth Bale walked on the pitch that united was going to win, since he has yet to win a match with tottenham. a great match though! ben foster making saves left and right. tottenham played extremely hard and made me nervous all throughout the match, but in the end Rio and Co. were hoisting the Carling Cup!

Thoughts on the match?
Tay Fish
Tay Fish
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:50 pm

Gareth Bale has won for Spurs, just not won a league match.

Both sides played well in bunches. Aaron Lennon proved his class. Ronaldo is back on form at last.

Extra time was useless - both sides just played it at walking pace.

In the end, the lottery of penalties brought another trophy to Old Trafford.
Brian
Brian
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tay Fish Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:02 pm

my bad about bale haha. i just thought he was completely cursed...just partially i guess haha. aaron lennon was clutch...too bad he re-irritated his groin injury at the end of the match.

ronaldo was great...once again doing moves that normal human beings can only dream of doing.

it always seems like extra time is a bore...at least the matches i have seen.

and once again, i cannot said enough about how amazing ben foster played. get rid of tommy k. and give foster the back up job.
Tay Fish
Tay Fish
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackburnbob Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:28 am

Extra time is always a bore as everyone's knackered so no one really fly's that much. I am fed up of seeing the Ronaldo show tbh, he is a world class footballer but i don't like him as a person, all these kcik out's he does when he gets tackled, and his constant moaning if he doesn't get his own way, complete baby, if i were another premiership manager, i would hire some random Joe to play a match for say £50,000, get him to do a 2 footed tackle break one of Ronaldo's leg's and hey presto!! lol

Savage yes but i really don't like him at all, a bad role model for kid's too, i really wish the FA would stop being nancy's and start giving him some punishment for it. Don't see the petty kinda stuff he does from the likes of Messi, Villa etc who are world class player's also, every player has a bad day and is entitled to a bit of anger once in a while, but with Ronaldo it's every match and afterwards he still complains.
Blackburnbob
Blackburnbob
Key Player
Key Player

Number of posts : 650

Team Supported : Blackburn/Scarborough/Revs!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tay Fish Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:35 am

i agree about the kick outs. not my idea of good football. we obviously can't deny his talent though and that's why i do like him. he's not the classiest of players so to speak, but he gets the job done every week and that's what he's there to do.

if he was the only player doing this then i may think differently of him, but tons of players act like that. i'm not saying it's right, but he is the scapegoat for this behavior. everybody should be held accountable.

that's why he's not one of my favorite players like michael carrick, paul scholes, ryan giggs.

you gotta love him though for his talent!
Tay Fish
Tay Fish
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by j6pini Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:54 pm

Something that should be mentioned is that on replay, it was clear that Ronaldo did not dive when he got the yellow. And also, what a goal it would have been that time he hit the post right at the end of regular time! Oh well, they won anyway.

United will win the league. The others are up in the air, although I think they'll crash out of the CL on Wednesday.

j6pini
Rotation Player
Rotation Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down