Premiership Talk Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Carling Cup

3 posters

Go down

Carling Cup Empty Carling Cup

Post by j6pini Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:22 am

Very exciting game in Manchester today. Anyone watch?

Two flukey calls gave City their two goals. The corner awarded was very obviously not a corner (off of which City scored its 2nd goal). The penalty was iffy; the first shirt tug was outside the box, and while Rafael continued a bit inside, it just didn't seem like enough to warrant a penalty. I think it should have been a yellow (which it was anyway) and a free kick just outside the box.

But overall, City just looked like the better team, as they have for a large portion of the Premier League season. United put out a decent team, but rested a few normal starters. I don't think the formation worked whatsoever. They played the 4-5-1 type that morphs into a 4-3-3 on counters and most attacks. At least that's how a 4-5-1 SHOULD work with United since Rooney isn't an outright target man in my view. But the wingers were Giggs and Valencia today, neither of which consistently joined the attack. Valencia played like a traditional winger, like he usually does, and Giggs...I couldn't put my finger on what his role was. He was in the attack for the goal, obviously, but didn't consistently join the attack as the game went on. It just didn't work, whatever the plan was. And the way both teams have been playing, I just think Man City are flat out better. If United ever get back a healthy Rio-Vidic duo, then maybe they can win games like this when the attack doesn't click, like last season.

j6pini
Rotation Player
Rotation Player

Number of posts : 270
Goals : 0

Back to top Go down

Carling Cup Empty Re: Carling Cup

Post by j6pini Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:51 pm

There have been comments on this game on the main page-- anyone want to disagree in the form of a reply post?

j6pini
Rotation Player
Rotation Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:12 pm

United will win tomorrow. Fact.
Brian
Brian
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 566
Goals : 1

Team Supported : Manchester United

http://www.premiershiptalk.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:20 pm

Brian wrote:Fact.

Lol. Come on CITY =D
Andy
Andy
Rotation Player
Rotation Player

Number of posts : 251
Goals : 3

Team Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:08 pm

Haha, I'm doing my best Rafa impression.
Brian
Brian
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 566
Goals : 1

Team Supported : Manchester United

http://www.premiershiptalk.com

Back to top Go down

Post by j6pini Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:45 pm

The main thing I'm looking forward to in the 2nd leg is the Tevez-Neville fight. I heard Tevez has been taking mixed martial arts lessons.

j6pini
Rotation Player
Rotation Player

Back to top Go down

Post by j6pini Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:12 pm

No posts since the 2nd leg? I'll just say it was one of the best games I can remember watching in the past few months. It was physical yet fairly free flowing, very well-played by both sides. The 1st half was very even. The 2nd half made me fear for City, even before the 1st goal. It was such a dominating period for United. The Tevez goal out of nowhere was awesome (I like Tevez and was rooting for City). Rooney's goal was a little heartbreaking, but after reminding myself I'm only a City fan on some days, I hand it to Rooney and Man United for a great win. The crowd also made the game special. I kind of wanted to be there to see the game in person. Well I mean, thats sort of an obvious statement, but it seemed like it would have been an even more exciting game to see in person than your run of the mill derby game or cup semifinal.

j6pini
Rotation Player
Rotation Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down