Premiership Talk Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rovers board/Big Sam

3 posters

Go down

Rovers board/Big Sam Empty Rovers board/Big Sam

Post by Blackburnbob Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:57 am

Rovers have rejected a fifth bid for Santa Cruz at £18.5million, is it just me or should they have taken that and ran?? Benni and Roberts doing okay atm and a deal is supposedly done for El-Hadji Diouf for £2.8m, i heard that Sturridge was offered as a deal breaker too, i think he's got some talent, should defo have gone for that, now though Spurs apparently want some action offering Bent in a deal!!
Blackburnbob
Blackburnbob
Key Player
Key Player

Number of posts : 650
Goals : 2

Team Supported : Blackburn/Scarborough/Revs!!

Back to top Go down

Rovers board/Big Sam Empty Re: Rovers board/Big Sam

Post by Tay Fish Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:16 am

i definitely agree w/ you that rovers should have accepted the bid. i don't think the diouf move is too bad of a move. they were able to get him for cheap money and they have that person who can fill the void left by matt derbyshire. not only that, but he already knows big sam's system.

with all that said, they still should have accepted the roque bid even if they were going to make the diouf move anyway.
Tay Fish
Tay Fish
Key Player
Key Player

Number of posts : 663

Team Supported : Manchester United

http://www.premiershiptalk.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackburnbob Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:02 pm

He took a dive couple of season ago against us at Ewood that lost us the game, replay showed Friedel hadn't touched him, so it's a tough decision for Sam, i guess if he plays to the best of his ability us fans will forgive and forget but has a rep as a bit of am idiot, time will tell, rumours going round that Sam is interested in Crouch, surely the £18.5m bid would have covered Crouch, Santa Cruz had 1 good season, Crouch is tried and tested, sell Roque buy Crouch, good deal i think, probably just goss though
Blackburnbob
Blackburnbob
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:42 pm

Huge mistake. Blackburn are just getting selfish. Take the money and run.

And Blackburnbob, you raise an interesting point about Crouch. Portsmouth clearly need the money, and I think Blackburn could get him.
Brian
Brian
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 566
Goals : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackburnbob Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:57 pm

They should take the 18.5 for sure, they only paid 3.5, benni and roberts seem to be working ok together atm, diouf is confirmed for cover, Santa for 18.5 surely makes good business sense if nothing else, Sam says hes pretty sure he will move in the summer, but the way he is not playing at present surely the price can only go down?

There is also a clause in his contract that Blackburn canot say no to, what that clause is i dunno, but surely Hughes would know being the guy that signed him. BAd idea turning down that amount of money and bad idea keeping him at Ewood when its plainly obvious he doesn't want to be there any longer, if Sturridge was added to the deal as rumours suggested i would have been more than happy with that
Blackburnbob
Blackburnbob
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Tay Fish Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:39 pm

Ya they should definitely get rid of Roque while his stock value is high. C'mon Big Sam, get him sold!
Tay Fish
Tay Fish
Key Player
Key Player

Number of posts : 663

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content