Premiership Talk Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mark Hughes

4 posters

Go down

Mark Hughes Empty Mark Hughes

Post by Blackburnbob Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:15 pm

How long do you guys reckon Hughes has left, his team put out today at Stoke was worth £93 mill Stoke added up to less than £10 mill before the sending off, surely he is going to start coming under fire soon if things don't improve, bet his wishes he had stayed at Ewood!!!! lol
Blackburnbob
Blackburnbob
Key Player
Key Player

Number of posts : 650
Goals : 2

Team Supported : Blackburn/Scarborough/Revs!!

Back to top Go down

Mark Hughes Empty Re: Mark Hughes

Post by j6pini Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:53 pm

I'm not so sure he will be sacked in the near future. When there was pressure to sack him around Christmas, and they did not do it, I think they committed to Hughes for the long haul. And let's face it, despite the rocky season City has had, they're still sitting at 10th place. Overall I'd say Hughes has a pretty long leash.

j6pini
Rotation Player
Rotation Player

Number of posts : 270
Goals : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Tay Fish Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:20 pm

I think he should stay till then end of the season. Man City are getting new players and it won't be easy to get them all on the same page right away. Give him till the end of the season, and if they aren't performing then the trillionaires can sack him.
Tay Fish
Tay Fish
Key Player
Key Player

Number of posts : 663

Team Supported : Manchester United

http://www.premiershiptalk.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackburnbob Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:14 am

Even with the little time he has had there, you would have thought with the amount of money already spent they could have beaten a 10 man Stoke team, i hope he gets time, but i just think he is getting lazy no he has the money, before he was great at scouting out talent with the likes of Mccarthy, Santa Cruz, Warnock and so on, now it's just like hes playing fantasy football without any money limits
Blackburnbob
Blackburnbob
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Tay Fish Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:54 am

I think he needs to really get his act together and make the players hold themselves accountable for the crappy season they've had. They may be in 10th at the moment, but nothing says they are out of the relegation battle. They are only 5 points up on 18th.
Tay Fish
Tay Fish
Key Player
Key Player

Number of posts : 663

Team Supported : Manchester United

http://www.premiershiptalk.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotzyb Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:49 pm

As the resident City fan on the forum, I feel it's only right I give my view on the matter!

I think Hughes is way too incapable of managing a team full of stars and I feel the Arabian investors realise this too. Even though they claim they will stick by Hughes and all this garbage, I personally think he will be gone before the season even ends.

A few more poor results against the likes of Boro should see Sparky on his way out of Eastlands. Very Happy
Cotzyb
Cotzyb
Youth Trainee
Youth Trainee

Number of posts : 39
Goals : 0

Team Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackburnbob Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:15 am

Yep couldn't agree more, like i said he should have stuck to what he knows best, scouting decent players that are cheap and relatively unfounded!! I do like Hughes and i wish he had stayed at Rovers but we all make mistakes, i think City made a mistake getting rid of Sven so quickly, especially as he had done a rpetty good job
Blackburnbob
Blackburnbob
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum