Premiership Talk Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LAMPARD SENDS CHELSEA 2ND

3 posters

Go down

LAMPARD SENDS CHELSEA 2ND Empty LAMPARD SENDS CHELSEA 2ND

Post by captcharisma22 Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:09 pm

Wow...a day of great twists and turns in the Prem...obviously still no luck for us chasing Villa as we drew goalless for the fourth time in a row....the good thing is that at least we kept ticking upwards in the table as we have closed the gap to five points on Villa, which means a defeat or draw for them against Stoke shall be GREAT!

But I've got to say, intense competition now between Chelsea and Liverpool for 2nd place...moreover, Lampard's late goal against Wigan might just have re-ignited Chelsea's pursuit of their fourth Premier League title. Like I always said, let alone Villa, not even Liverpool could match Chelsea's class when it comes to chasing United. When Liverpool beat Chelsea at Anfield thanks to horrible refereeing (not even a monkey would send off Frankie Lampard as Lamps was the one fouled if anything), I knew the title was all United's and I kept saying that too because Liverpool don't have the bottle to be the best team in any league over 38 rounds. Chelsea, on the other hand, have done that even with such an unrest and a constant change of managers.

After disposing off Villa AT Villa last weekend, the Blues have now also jumped above the Reds in the table after Liverpool's embarassing defeat to Boro. That being said, I still feel United are obviously on course for the title but with their Carling Cup commitment this weekend, Chelsea can feel very motivated as they are guaranteed to end the weekend seven points adrift of United with more than 10 rounds of football to go...well, not a bad time to be a Premier League fan after all.

captcharisma22
Youth Trainee
Youth Trainee

Number of posts : 16
Goals : 0

Back to top Go down

LAMPARD SENDS CHELSEA 2ND Empty Re: LAMPARD SENDS CHELSEA 2ND

Post by Brian Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:57 pm

News flash: You are NOT "ticking upwards in the table" and you are NOT closing the gap.

If Arsenal keeps accepting draws then they will never close the gap. Here you had a golden opportunity to catch up to Villa, yet you couldn't even beat Fulham at home. Well done, Gunners.

As far as Chelsea's win, it was much expected. Chelsea is a quality side, and I'm confident they'll finish second.
Brian
Brian
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 566
Goals : 1

Team Supported : Manchester United

http://www.premiershiptalk.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackburnbob Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:18 am

Out of the "rest" of the team's apart from the slip on Saturday i still believe Villa will finish stronger, they have been by far the msot consistent of the lot, Chelsea were plain lucky on saturday, on paper they should be better, as should City, but there is a huge gap beetween those 2 team's, still for me it's Villa
Blackburnbob
Blackburnbob
Key Player
Key Player

Number of posts : 650
Goals : 2

Team Supported : Blackburn/Scarborough/Revs!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down