Premiership Talk Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shearer manages the Toon

2 posters

Go down

Shearer manages the Toon Empty Shearer manages the Toon

Post by Blackburnbob Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:44 pm

Well the second prodigal son returns to St James' Park, he says for 8 games only, my personal feeling, he is their hero, i think he will fill them with a lot of confidence, it's something he cannot lose with also, they get relegated after the 8 games, its not on his shoulders as he started too late, if he keeps them up he's a hero. Thoughts?
Blackburnbob
Blackburnbob
Key Player
Key Player

Number of posts : 650
Goals : 2

Team Supported : Blackburn/Scarborough/Revs!!

Back to top Go down

Shearer manages the Toon Empty Re: Shearer manages the Toon

Post by j6pini Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:26 pm

The feeling I got from watching his press conference is that he definitely wants to keep the job next season, even if they get relagated. Notice that he only said "8 games, and 8 games only" in response to the question, "Are you ruling out the possibility of returning next season?" From years of seeing this type of situation in every sport that has a major audience, any time a guy does not directly answer the question, he's hiding something or giving the media-taylored answer. If he says "yeah I want the job permanently" he creates a distraction for a team that really can't handle a major distraction at the moment; and not only that, but he's got to respect Kinnear, who is still formally the full time manager. But of course he wants to come back and I bet he will.

j6pini
Rotation Player
Rotation Player

Number of posts : 270
Goals : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackburnbob Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:24 am

I'm not sure if he will stay or not tbh, i think he know's he doesn't have the expreicne etc to come straight in and manage a premier league team, i think this 8 games is a good chance to get a quick glimpse of what hes up against, then he should maybe start a little lower and work his way up.

I still think the best thing he could do to help Newcastle is strap a pair of boots on though, best striker England has had in many many years, he played a UK charity match last year which compromised of celebs and footy stars, he looked very good and could still play for sure, i forget his reasons for quitting international football so early but was a shame we could have had maybe more success if he had stayed on, great player no doubt, Rovers fans will always love him after he rocketed us to our only preimer league title!
Blackburnbob
Blackburnbob
Key Player
Key Player

Number of posts : 650
Goals : 2

Team Supported : Blackburn/Scarborough/Revs!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum