Premiership Talk Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Man Utd strikers

5 posters

Go down

Man Utd strikers Empty Man Utd strikers

Post by j6pini Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:46 pm

Brian I agree with what you said in your article about Macheda being in the same mold as Ruud. Which makes me wonder: there was already speculation about Tevez's future with Utd before Macheda showed up in the 1st team vs. Villa. What now? Macheda and Welbeck are both waiting in the wings to take over should Tevez leave, and I'm not sure it's worth paying Tevez his market price when a)he won't start every game, and b) for every game he does start, you've got these two youngsters wasting away on the bench or in the reserve team. Personally, though I'm not a Man United fan, I'd like to see Tevez leave for the good of both parties, and see Macheda and Welbeck fill his shoes next season. Hell, it'll still be hard for them to find time with Rooney and Berbatov, but at least they're a step closer to being regular starters w/ Tevez gone.

One last thing: Does anyone know for how long Berbatov is under contract for?

Any thoughts/hopes?

j6pini
Rotation Player
Rotation Player

Number of posts : 270
Goals : 0

Back to top Go down

Man Utd strikers Empty Re: Man Utd strikers

Post by Andy Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:42 pm

It's just a personal preference i guess, but i'd have Tevez over Berbatov ANY day of the week. Does much more for the team and scores goals. Given how much was paid for Berb though i doubt they'll be letting him go anytime soon. I don't think there's much chance of Man U paying the money for Tevez, not now the have the marvelous Macheda Wink
Andy
Andy
Rotation Player
Rotation Player

Number of posts : 251
Goals : 3

Team Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Diamente Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:10 am

i want to see Macheda play a full season before I even consider getting rid of Tevez

Mike Diamente
Youth Trainee
Youth Trainee

Number of posts : 44

Team Supported : AC Milan

http://ilmondodicalcio.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by j6pini Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:51 pm

So you'd pay him market value to sit on the bench? I know what you mean in terms of wanting a sure backup plan if Macheda doesn't work out, but personally I don't think it would be worth it, nor do I think Tevez would go for it.

Andy-- I agree, I like Tevez more than Berbatov in probably all respects (but primarily work rate and general attitude), but I figured Berbatov would be more likely to stay since Tevez is the one whose contract runs out this summer. We'll see how both players do down the stretch; Berbatov hasn't been making his case lately (today's penalty for example).

j6pini
Rotation Player
Rotation Player

Number of posts : 270

Back to top Go down

Post by faraaz Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:14 pm

Macheda needs to play a full season of football before being considered to replace the first team set of strikers. He is definitely on my 'one to watch' list for next season. I rather see if he is either a quality consistant player, then a 'lucky player'

faraaz
Academy Regular
Academy Regular

Number of posts : 60

Team Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:22 pm

Don't discount those "lucky players." Ole Gunnar Solskjaer made a pretty stellar career out of it.
Brian
Brian
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 566
Goals : 1

Team Supported : Manchester United

http://www.premiershiptalk.com

Back to top Go down

Post by faraaz Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:56 pm

Oh i know, but, i still would rather just wait and see how he does with a full season under his belt

faraaz
Academy Regular
Academy Regular

Number of posts : 60

Team Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down