Premiership Talk Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ancelotti confirmed

4 posters

Go down

Ancelotti confirmed Empty Ancelotti confirmed

Post by Blackburnbob Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:30 am

Ancelotti is now confirmed the new Chelsea boss, let's see what his summer transfer list is then. I read in the paper this morning (just to prove they struggle to find things to write!) JOhn Terry says he needs Villa and Ribery at Chelsea, yeah John and Big Sam needs Torres, Ronaldo, Messi........haha
Blackburnbob
Blackburnbob
Key Player
Key Player

Number of posts : 650
Goals : 2

Team Supported : Blackburn/Scarborough/Revs!!

Back to top Go down

Ancelotti confirmed Empty Re: Ancelotti confirmed

Post by Andy Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:58 pm

I think Adebayor was mentioned in there somewhere as well. Rumours are that he'll be given about 100 million to spend, not quite enough to get Kaka then eh...
Andy
Andy
Rotation Player
Rotation Player

Number of posts : 251
Goals : 3

Team Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by j6pini Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:37 am

I have mixed feelings about this. My gut thinks it will turn out just like Big Phil; but my brain thinks he'll be better because he came from managing a club, not a national team, and one of the biggest in the world w/ big egos at that.

One thing I'm more sure of is that you need to hire an outsider with experience on the big stage to manage Chelsea. Is there nobody in the Chelsea system that is capable? Ray Wilkins? The 2nd team coach? Another coach, or someone in the front office? Look what Barcelona did: they hired someone who was Barcelona to the core who had never had 1st team managing experience. He knew the club inside and out and pulled together a team of stars like Rijkaard couldn't do. Look at Chelsea when Mourinho left: sure, Grant had managed in Israel, but at the time he was Director of Football operations. He turned out to be a pretty good manager (at least a successful one, bar the Terry Slip). Look at Portsmouth this year; again, yes, Paul Hart had managed before, but he was Director of Youth operations at the time. He turned a club around that many were tipping for relegation in the last weeks of Adams, who had been stripped of 2 of its prized players in Defoe and Diarra. All three of these people (Guardiola, Grant, and Hart) had valuable experience, albeit not as a big-time manager, and all had been with the clubs they were hired at long enough to know the club and the players. Surely there is a Paul Hart, or an Avram Grant, somewhere in the Chelsea organization?

j6pini
Rotation Player
Rotation Player

Number of posts : 270
Goals : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:39 pm

JP, it sounds like you're referring to one Gianfranco Zola...
Brian
Brian
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 566
Goals : 1

Team Supported : Manchester United

http://www.premiershiptalk.com

Back to top Go down

Post by j6pini Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:14 am

I didn't think of him because I was thinking someone who is in the Chelsea organization right now. But now that you mention it, I hope Zola does get the job sometime in the next few years if he continues to be successful at West Ham.

j6pini
Rotation Player
Rotation Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackburnbob Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:49 am

Ray Wilkins?
Blackburnbob
Blackburnbob
Key Player
Key Player

Number of posts : 650
Goals : 2

Team Supported : Blackburn/Scarborough/Revs!!

Back to top Go down

Post by j6pini Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:48 pm

What, you don't think he could do it? I'm not saying he definitely could-- Chelsea front-office management would know better than me specifically who. But I think Wilkins has the type of resume I would look for if I were Chelsea because he's internal, he's played before, and he's managed before. And there are probably a few other people who fit that bill. They would all be on my short list if I were in Peter Kenyon's position, or whoever it is who makes these decisions.

j6pini
Rotation Player
Rotation Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum