Premiership Talk Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wigan 1-1 Liverpool

5 posters

Go down

Wigan 1-1 Liverpool Empty Wigan 1-1 Liverpool

Post by Brian Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:16 pm

This is yet another reason why Liverpool won't win the Prem. First a few weeks ago, third since Rafa opened his mouth. Well done.

Facts are facts, and Liverpool has two wins in their past seven Prem games.
Brian
Brian
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 566
Goals : 1

Team Supported : Manchester United

http://www.premiershiptalk.com

Back to top Go down

Wigan 1-1 Liverpool Empty Re: Wigan 1-1 Liverpool

Post by Tay Fish Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:26 pm

if they want to have any chance of winning the prem, they are going to have to shift some of their focus away from the FA Cup and forget about the replay. it will only lead to more fixture congestion, which they obviously don't need as they can't seem to find a win.

hey andy, i'm curious to see what you say liverpool should do since you are a liverpool supporter.
Tay Fish
Tay Fish
Key Player
Key Player

Number of posts : 663
Goals : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by j6pini Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:39 pm

I'll tell you what Liverpool should do: score! Preseason, who would believe you if you said that 23 games in, Torres and Keane have 5 league goals apiece? Over the past few weeks Liverpool have played very well-- all except in the scoring department. They've dominated possession most of the time, and they've even created scoring chances, but not enough goals have come. Today they depended on Yossi Benayoun for their only goal. I don't know what else Benitez can do with this team, it's got to come down to the players at some point, and now you've got to ask the strikers to step up. I know Torres may not be quite 100% match-fit, but it's now or never. If Liverpool lose to Chelsea on Sunday their Premier League aspirations will be in serious doubt.

j6pini
Rotation Player
Rotation Player

Number of posts : 270
Goals : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Tay Fish Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:42 pm

Finally JPini is seeing the light. But i do agree...if they got their scoring going then things would probably fine, but you can't win games without goals.
Tay Fish
Tay Fish
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackburnbob Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:26 am

That's the reason i think Everton can win replay, horrible to see pool draw though a) because i've got Carragher in my fantasy team and b) because they are the only real contenders to Man U this year
Blackburnbob
Blackburnbob
Key Player
Key Player

Number of posts : 650

Team Supported : Blackburn/Scarborough/Revs!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tay Fish Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:38 am

Haha! I think it's funny that we've now carried over the "FA Cup replay" discussion over to this thread. JPini - their non-scoring is another reason why i feel as though Everton will win the replay.
Tay Fish
Tay Fish
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:46 am

Seem to be letting in too many unnecessary goals at the moment. It's been the same ever since the spurs game. We aren't scoring yes but early season we weren't scoring much but keeping clean sheets and winning games. Home form has been pathetic but i'd say thats largely due to teams parking the bus (not mentioning names - everton), so need to find away to break teams down. Its the same problem that Arsenal have had for the last few seasons and the reason why they haven't won anything.

I should also say that i don't actually believe liverpool can win the title this year, no one will challenge Man u this season. I can see Aston Villa maybe sneaking into a cheeky 3rd place just ahead of pool or chelsea, Arsenal won't be anywhere near the top come the end of the season and may even end up 6th.
Andy
Andy
Rotation Player
Rotation Player

Number of posts : 251
Goals : 3

Team Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by j6pini Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:55 pm

After that post, Andy, is the perfect time for me to reitterate that I DO think Liverpool CAN win the Prem, although the probability that they will has decreased over the past week or two. It's just that, there are 15 weeks left. Even if United win their game in hand, that's a 5 point advantage over Chelsea and Liverpool as it is now, and that is very possible to make up over 15 games. United are in the driver's seat, but they're not safe yet.

j6pini
Rotation Player
Rotation Player

Number of posts : 270
Goals : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Tay Fish Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:42 pm

They won't win. I'll start some more controversy. They will be too fried from their match against Chelsea. I know Everton is playing United, but a whole day earlier, so they'll have a whole extra day of rest. EVERTON WINS IT!!
Tay Fish
Tay Fish
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content