Premiership Talk Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Buy a team

3 posters

Go down

Buy a team Empty Buy a team

Post by Dani Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:37 am

Wasn't sure where to put this post since it doesn't really fit under any of the topics.

A group of us should join forces and buy a team in the lower divisons. We'll buy the team cheap and through our amazing managerial expertise we will guide the club to the Premiership. You know you want to do it. Having the chance to actually build your own squad, pick the manager, and be involved. We already have this site in place. We could use it to our advantage. Lets say Newcastle wants to buy one of our players, we have somebody write a post saying "reports suggest that Chelsea are willing to pay 10 million pounds which is higher than Newcastle's offer of 5 million". After doing this for sometime we could then sell the team to some billionair and we'd all become rich.

I think it's a solid plan. Let me know if you're in. I already have a takeover target in mind, Boston United (The Pilgrims) which would be perfect for us since we're from MA. We could claim to be descendents of the pilgrims, which I clearly am not.

Yeah, I'm just playing around. But it's an interesting idea that would be a lot of fun. We should propose this as one of the 301 classes for the fall.

Dani
Academy Regular
Academy Regular

Number of posts : 103
Goals : 0

Back to top Go down

Buy a team Empty Re: Buy a team

Post by Brian Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:02 am

Sorry, Dani, someone beat you to it: http://www.myfootballclub.co.uk/

They had a bunch of fans donate a few pounds, and together they bought a club. Check it out, it's pretty interesting stuff.
Brian
Brian
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 566
Goals : 1

Team Supported : Manchester United

http://www.premiershiptalk.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackburnbob Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:37 am

My home team Scarborough FC Went under couple of years ago due to financial difficulties, out of the mess came a new team Scarborough Athletic, which is supporter run and owned, any supporter who wants to grab a memebership etc basically gets a share in the club
Blackburnbob
Blackburnbob
Key Player
Key Player

Number of posts : 650
Goals : 2

Team Supported : Blackburn/Scarborough/Revs!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dani Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:08 pm

I heard about that team. Don't they have thousands of people who own a small share?

When United was bought there was a group of fans that left the club and started a new one. I forgot the club's name. Anyone know how they are doing?

If I lived in Europe I would be a part of my local club. It's something that I would love to do.

Dani
Academy Regular
Academy Regular

Number of posts : 103
Goals : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackburnbob Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:25 pm

Maybe not thousands but certainly 100's, they play in Northern Countys East League, which is a way conference, but being a new team they have to start at the bottom, i have been to watch them a few times and they are a good team.
Blackburnbob
Blackburnbob
Key Player
Key Player

Number of posts : 650
Goals : 2

Team Supported : Blackburn/Scarborough/Revs!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:42 pm

Dani, the United breakoff club is FC United of Manchester, which a ton of United fans actually check in on every once in a while. Apparently they're a pretty decent side for just starting out.

Here's more info about them: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fc_united_of_manchester
Brian
Brian
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 566
Goals : 1

Team Supported : Manchester United

http://www.premiershiptalk.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content