Premiership Talk Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Burnley Premiership Teething Troubles

Go down

Burnley Premiership Teething Troubles Empty Burnley Premiership Teething Troubles

Post by mazvita Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:27 pm

Ok, so today folks at the Turf had a terrible time trying to get season tickets. Perhaps that is why -- indirectly -- I've abandoned Claretsmad for the big time. The mods. got a little t-ed off with my persistence.

I tried to post to Claretsmad about 'Burnley and the BNP', following up an earlier post on that board decrying attempts to link the town and the club to the fortunes of a despised political party. I wanted to share views and I thought I was being moderate and sensible. Rolling Eyes

Four threads later, all of them pulled before discussion got going, I decided Claretsmad wasn't for me. What I'm wondering is this. Will the parochialism of some in Burnley -- catapulted to the big time as we now are -- hinder us from trying to deal with some of the groundless slurs (like all that BNP stuff) effectively? cherry

Do Stoke or Hull fans have any tales of how difficult the transition from Championship to Premiership can be? We've already had the Owen Coyle going to Celtic non-story, and it seems to me there will be a lot more like nonsense. Just didn't see myself abandoning Claretsmad after five years happy posting. I was born in Burnley and attended my first game in 1982, not actively supporting again, though, until 1999. What a Face

mazvita
Youth Trainee
Youth Trainee

Number of posts : 5
Goals : 0

Team Supported : Burnley, the Mighty Clarets

Back to top Go down