Premiership Talk Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Montreal Canadians Sold - Liverpool

2 posters

Go down

Montreal Canadians Sold - Liverpool Empty Montreal Canadians Sold - Liverpool

Post by Dani Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:06 am

George Gillett sold his 80 percent stake in the Canadians today for around $500 million US dollars. He is selling it to the Molson family, so the sale will go through. They are the former owners of the team and have a very good relationship with the NHL. There have been rumors going around for a while that Gillett was hurting for cash and perhaps this deal was a result or maybe it wasn't. Either way he's got $500 million more in cash now. Perhaps he will use some of it to payoff some of Liverpool's debt. It'll be interesting to see if Gillett goes bankrupt or not, the same goes for Hicks who has denied that he is trying to sell the Dallas Stars, the rumors aren't going away. I think they'll both go bankrupt or will sell Liverpool. I don't see it working out between them and Liverpool. Thoughts?

Dani
Academy Regular
Academy Regular

Number of posts : 103
Goals : 0

Back to top Go down

Montreal Canadians Sold - Liverpool Empty Re: Montreal Canadians Sold - Liverpool

Post by Blackburnbob Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:13 am

I think they would have done better to sell Pool off personally, the Americans obviously have a bigger tie to NHL etc than football, would have thought it would have been a safer bet for them to keep the NHL stuff and sell off Pool, obviously depends on debt's how much they would get for Pool etc too though
Blackburnbob
Blackburnbob
Key Player
Key Player

Number of posts : 650
Goals : 2

Team Supported : Blackburn/Scarborough/Revs!!

Back to top Go down