Premiership Talk Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tottenham dead?

+3
Blackburnbob
Andy
John Pini
7 posters

Go down

Tottenham dead? Empty Tottenham dead?

Post by John Pini Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:50 pm

One of the most popular preseason picks to break into the top 4 this season, Tottenham, are dead last in the Prem after 5 games played with TWO points. Will they make Europe this season?

I'm thinking NO they won't make 5th place, no chance. Maybe I'm jumping off the bandwagon too early but I think Tottenham will finish mid-table at best and Man City will break into the top 5, if not top 4.

Anyone disagree?

John Pini
Academy Regular
Academy Regular

Number of posts : 50
Goals : 0

Back to top Go down

Tottenham dead? Empty Re: Tottenham dead?

Post by Andy Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:51 am

No don't disagree. Except i never thought Spurs would get into the top five AT the start of the season. They do the same thing every year.

Man City and Aston Villa are my picks for 5th place. Can't see them knocking anybody out of the top four, although with Man U's start maybe just maybe Razz
Andy
Andy
Rotation Player
Rotation Player

Number of posts : 251
Goals : 3

Team Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackburnbob Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:17 am

This season has been quite suprising i think so far, no one has really done what they were expected to do beside's Chelsea and Arsenal really. I would say City top 4/5 and spurs mid-table as last year, probably pick up their game mid season and finish around 12th
Blackburnbob
Blackburnbob
Key Player
Key Player

Number of posts : 650
Goals : 2

Team Supported : Blackburn/Scarborough/Revs!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:55 am

How is Juande Ramos still in a job?
Brian
Brian
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 566
Goals : 1

Team Supported : Manchester United

http://www.premiershiptalk.com

Back to top Go down

Post by John Pini Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:13 am

Don't get me wrong: 2 points thru 6 games is horrible, especially for a team with such high preseason expectations.

But I think the main reason Ramos is not gone yet is because the team went through a few key player changes before the season, including the loss of Berbatov once the season had already begun, which must have been a HUGE distraction to the players and manager. Also Bentley came in, and then from other countries came Modric and dos Santos who may have needed an adjusting period to the Premier League.

I'm not saying Juande Ramos gets a free pass, but his leash ought to be a bit longer considering the key lineup changes and the distraction of Berbatov.

John Pini
Academy Regular
Academy Regular

Number of posts : 50

Back to top Go down

Post by faraaz Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:40 pm

well, tottenham are s**t and don't deserve to be in the premiership.

faraaz
Academy Regular
Academy Regular

Number of posts : 60

Team Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:44 am

He should be sacked end of.
Andy
Andy
Rotation Player
Rotation Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackburnbob Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:33 am

They are saying it's due to getting rid of their decent players, but if you look at the players now in the team on past form they are hardly rubbish with the likes of Corluka, Bentley, Pavlyuchenko, King, Lennon they should be playing much better than they are. From a Rovers point of view though i'm glad to see the incredibly un-loyal and mouthy Bentley getting what he deserves Smile
Blackburnbob
Blackburnbob
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Tay Fish Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:18 pm

Tottenham are up to their necks in quicksand right now. You would think with all the talent on their team they would be sitting a little bit more comfortably up the table, but it looks like it is only a matter of time. It's nice to think that they are going to turn it around, but every week we say "this is the week they finally win big," but that of course has yet to happen. With a big fat 0 in the wins column, it looks like Tottenham's season was done before it even started. Of course if the board finally decided to sack Juande Ramos, it may be a different story, but that is not the case, so we are playing the waiting game. What will come first? A Tottenham win? Or Juande Ramos being sacked? You tell me.
Tay Fish
Tay Fish
Key Player
Key Player

Number of posts : 663

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:58 pm

I think a Tottenham win will come first. It looks as if he'll survive at least another week. It's a pivotal moment in Tottenham's season as they'll be playing two Prem games within the course of a few days. Two wins could start turning things around.
Brian
Brian
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 566
Goals : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by lancashirelass Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:40 pm

Don't start me off!

We know why Tottie is in relegation zone.

No No

lancashirelass
Youth Trainee
Youth Trainee

Number of posts : 41

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:46 pm

Why are they?
Andy
Andy
Rotation Player
Rotation Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackburnbob Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:58 pm

They are in serious trouble for sure, stack of good players and they can't get the smallest of results against second rate opponents, plus Bentley is a little git Smile
Blackburnbob
Blackburnbob
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by lancashirelass Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:26 pm

well, tottenham are s**t and don't deserve to be in the premiership.

Blame Sir Alec for Tot df if it happens.

lancashirelass
Youth Trainee
Youth Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post by Andy Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:16 pm

The loss of two good players should not mean that they get relegated all of a sudden. To say that its Man u's fault is rediculous. If villa lost barry and young they wouldn't get relegated.

Ramos has been sacked apparently, can't say i'm too surprised there...
Andy
Andy
Rotation Player
Rotation Player

Back to top Go down

Post by lancashirelass Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:04 am

Drumrol..ahahahaha

Tottenham Hotspur appoint former Portsmouth boss Harry Redknapp as their new manager after sacking Juande Ramos.

He did just dandy at Portsmouth so...

Last edited by lancashirelass on Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:16 am; edited 1 time in total

lancashirelass
Youth Trainee
Youth Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post by lancashirelass Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:14 am

To say that its Man u's fault is rediculous

No. He is like all managers who see a player at 'A' club and want him. They have no respect of contracts or the players wishes. If he can score goals lets stalk him till he is ours'..Remember how he followed Ronaldo to the games to convince him not to go to Real? But Fergie will take any others players and not allow his to go.

Man City ditto. MH was a manager at Blackburn he knows Blackburn have to manage on a showstring but yet stalk our players. MH could have anyone around the world but I think he is scared of his job if he does not win trophies under the Arabs. He wants 'proven players' from *any Premiurship club... No No He, like others do not care how he aquires the new players.

Soz

lancashirelass
Youth Trainee
Youth Trainee

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackburnbob Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:45 am

I think MH did the right thing for his career, the only way to win the premier league as proven is to have money, maybe MH knew something the rest of us didn't with the takeover there? I think Roque will go in January, lets be honest Rovers are playing pretty poor this year and if we don't start getting results soon he will be thinking about a move, obviously i don't want him to go at all but if he gets offered the money and the team why wouldn't he move?

If he does and we get lots of money for him i really really hope Ince goes, he spent the money from Bentley and Friedel on second rate League 2 players, he obviously has no idea what the premier league is all about, ok so he got Villanueva on loan, first off i think MH started watching him and it progressed from there, secondly its taken him 8 games to start him, even though when he has played he has proven a very good player, please get rid of Ince and get us someone decent to spend the money!
Blackburnbob
Blackburnbob
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down