Premiership Talk Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

David Villa

5 posters

Go down

David Villa Empty David Villa

Post by j6pini Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:00 am

As most of you have probably heard, Valencia have confirmed that they've talked with Manchester City about selling Villa. The significant point is that Valencia confirmed it, so it's credible. What do you all think? For my part, I'm at least content that City addressed holes on the defensive side before going back out for the big splash (signing Bridge and Given). So I don't mind that they're back hunting the biggest names in the game, and it's especially comforting that they didn't just tell the media that they're interested in a player like they've done before with players like Messi and even Villa.

On the other hand, they'll have to play with 3 strikers all the time and likely shift a few players around to accomodate Villa, which as I argued in the Kaka deal, is a minor risk, especially considering they already have Elano, Ireland and SWP who have all been attacking midfielders.

Anyone else?

j6pini
Rotation Player
Rotation Player

Number of posts : 270
Goals : 0

Back to top Go down

David Villa Empty Re: David Villa

Post by Tay Fish Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:24 am

I do love David Villa after watching his performances in Euro 2008. Having him in the Premier League would be fantastic!
Tay Fish
Tay Fish
Key Player
Key Player

Number of posts : 663
Goals : 2

Team Supported : Manchester United

http://www.premiershiptalk.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackburnbob Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:57 am

Villa is one of the best forwards in the world, good idea to go to city, no way! Wait a couple of seasons, see if they actually stabilise a bit then maybe take the plunge, bad move now though, if he does
Blackburnbob
Blackburnbob
Key Player
Key Player

Number of posts : 650

Team Supported : Blackburn/Scarborough/Revs!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tay Fish Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:11 pm

ya i don't know if it would be a good idea either...i just want to see him in the prem, so if him going to city is the key to watching him every weekend, then by all means get him here ASAP haha
Tay Fish
Tay Fish
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackburnbob Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:36 pm

I think if he went anywhere it would be with his buddy Torres, but can Pool afford him? Probably not!
Blackburnbob
Blackburnbob
Key Player
Key Player

Number of posts : 650

Team Supported : Blackburn/Scarborough/Revs!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tay Fish Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:05 pm

that would definitely be fun to watch...the spain striking duo...but i can't see it happening...but who really knows? we will have to wait til summer!
Tay Fish
Tay Fish
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Dani Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:21 pm

Villa's a great forward. Him and Robinho up front would be very fun to watch. If they can get Villa and a good defensive midfielder then watch out for City.

I still think selling Jo was a stupid move.

Dani
Academy Regular
Academy Regular

Number of posts : 103

Back to top Go down

Post by j6pini Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:37 pm

I do agree that he's a great forward. But Dani, or anyone really, do you think City would then play 4-3-3 most of the time with Ireland, SWP, Elano in midfield and Robinho, Bellamy, and Villa up front? I don't see them permanently going with that formation, and therefore somebody is going to be displaced at least some games. Don't get me wrong-- those six names look very good together. But I'm just curious to see how Hughes fits them all in; players that were transferred in for huge amounts of money (Robinho, Bellamy) will expect to play their primary position rather than be moved around to accomodate the next guy brought in.

j6pini
Rotation Player
Rotation Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Dani Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:13 pm

I made a mistake on my last post. I went back and saw that Jo was loaned out, not sold.

I think their best bet is to stay with a 4-4-2. If they buy Villa then you have Robinho and Villa up front. Personally, I think they really overpaid for Bellamy. Those 2 up front along with a defensive midfielder with the current midfield and I think City looks pretty good.

Dani
Academy Regular
Academy Regular

Number of posts : 103

Back to top Go down

Post by Tay Fish Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:09 pm

Bellamy has been proving his worth though since he has joined the team. Him, robinho, and villa on the same pitch working together would be great! not to mention elano, swp, and jo (if/when he returns).
Tay Fish
Tay Fish
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:27 am

I think we're all forgetting that City wouldn't have to switch to a 4-3-3 if Villa joined. Robinho is NOT an out and out striker. He is equally as capable - if not more capable - playing on the wings, so it could be Villa and Bellamy up top, supported by Robinho on the left, SWP on the right, Ireland and [sign a star midfielder].

City could be quite dangerous next season in all fairness.
Brian
Brian
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 566
Goals : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by j6pini Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:26 pm

The latest now is that Villa doesn't want to leave Spain. Imagine that, first City was snubbed by Kaka, and now Villa! I love it. And Valencia are probably frustrated out of their minds that here's a chance to pay back a ton of their debt and the player refuses to go.

My guess is Madrid get him, cause they need him much more than Barca do, and they are also slightly more accustomed to throwing money at big names than Barca is.

j6pini
Rotation Player
Rotation Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down